Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for 72 nova midlength headers- tired of dynatechs hitting

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2013, 08:12 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Looking for 72 nova midlength headers- tired of dynatechs hitting

As the post says, i'm tired of the dynatechs hitting everything bigger than a walnut in the street. The nova isn't that low but the dynatechs hang that low. Maybe it's my mounts, maybe not, seems everybody with dynatechs shows them hanging lower. I would like to find a midlength header that works. I have used the search button and found ideas like clipsters but when i went looking for them on the web i couldn't find them listed for my application. Just wondering if the 55-57 chevy ones work. anyways, any help and pics would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. -wade-
Old 02-23-2013, 09:05 AM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Have you tried BRP Muscle Rods? I bought mid lengths from them for my 69 A body.

look here...http://www.brphotrods.com/mm5/mercha...ory_Code=CNV14

these fit 68-74
Old 02-23-2013, 11:43 AM
Launching!

thanks cbrodine, i have not seen those. Do they use the old standard three bolt with gasket flange, or the ball and socket type? i love the collectors on the dynatechs but i can't find anything else with that nice collector type.
Old 02-23-2013, 12:00 PM
Launching!

Also, i have seen a few aftermarket manifolds. Has anyone used these in a 72ish nova and how did they fit? Is there much performance drop from a midlength header?
Old 02-23-2013, 12:23 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ls68firebird
thanks cbrodine, i have not seen those. Do they use the old standard three bolt with gasket flange, or the ball and socket type? i love the collectors on the dynatechs but i can't find anything else with that nice collector type.
You may not want to do it but the reason I bought my Headman Hustler headers un-coated was so that I could modify them if need be. I have already built a merge style collector for them.

The collector will not be welded on until the headers are in the car and I can make any slight adjustment as needed for clearance. With the headers you buy you can always cut off the flange and have the style you want welded on. Then get them coated.
Old 02-23-2013, 01:57 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ls68firebird
they use a ball and socket which has a standard 3 bolt flange. They will come with a 6" collector section that is not coated that will have to have the O2 sensor bung welded on, they do this so you can place them exactly where you need them, then get em coated...which I believe is what 1989GTA is saying also. I am very happy with the quality of the hedders, they are ceramic coated and polished, very nice for $499

Originally Posted by 1989GTA
You may not want to do it but the reason I bought my Headman Hustler headers un-coated was so that I could modify them if need be. I have already built a merge style collector for them.

The collector will not be welded on until the headers are in the car and I can make any slight adjustment as needed for clearance. With the headers you buy you can always cut off the flange and have the style you want welded on. Then get them coated.
Old 02-23-2013, 08:09 PM
Launching!

Thanks guys. I was really not wanting to modify any, did a lot of that when I was racing and I would rather just bolt them up and go now. Yep....got lazy, or burned out. So it looks like brps are gonna get the nod. Thanks.
Old 02-24-2013, 10:36 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try the sanderson 1 3/4 inch mid length. By them uncoated and test fit. If they work send them back and but the coated type.

Quick Reply: Looking for 72 nova midlength headers- tired of dynatechs hitting