Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

OEM radio help...tried almost everything.

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2013, 09:33 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OEM radio help...tried almost everything.

Having problems with my Monsoon radio(OEM), I already did the BCM soder thing and it worked the first time tried it again and nothing. The unit will not play CDs or the radio but if you push the CD eject button it makes the eject noise and also if you hit the clock button the times shows but wont work other wise. I have searched alot and found nothing. I checked the fuses and they look good but I will switch some around tomorrow and see if that works. Also no "LOC" or whatever it called displayed or red light on(security). Need help please. Thanks for any info.
Old 03-01-2013, 05:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Are you really attached to having an OEM HU? An aftermarket one will go right in with 10x more features and sound quality.

If you have to have OEM, I'm sure you can find one on ebay fairly cheap and unlocking it will be a lot less hassle than trying troubleshoot the one you have.

Probably not the answer you wanted, but after you eliminate the simple stuff, some things just aren't worth messing with, IMHO.

If you can wait long enough for me to be home again in April, you can have my old HU from a 2000 WS6. It works fine except the display intermittently showing alien text. There's a couple of threads on how to fix it with some soldering. Otherwise you can just thwap it with your index finger and returns to normal until the next cold start.
Old 03-01-2013, 11:35 AM
Staging Lane

Im not fond of the OEM just didnt want to mess with the wiring, Im selling the car anyways just figured I could try to get it to work and maybe someone had a better ideal but guess the new owner will have to just buy aftermarket. Thanks for the input.
Old 03-01-2013, 04:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if the power windows work its your headunit and not the bcm. if power windows dont work issue is bcm
Old 03-01-2013, 05:14 PM
Staging Lane

Power windows work fine, im pretty sure it is the unit itself. Last time when it didnt work my windows still worked and I did the bcm then the radio worked for about 6months then started flicking off and on then just quit on me. But Im pretty sure its the unit this time.

Quick Reply: OEM radio help...tried almost everything.