Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Need help with ABS and Brake light

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2013, 06:58 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Need help with ABS and Brake light

i know its long but please read...

well i launched my car at the track in 2nd gear, (4.10s and no traction) spun a little, got a little traction, then took off down the track. when i launched, i ended up breaking the rearend. well at the time the brake light and abs light came on during the pass. after turning the car off and starting back up the light was gone for a while. then it came back on when i put in my new 12 bolt. i have 2 rearend speed sensors so i replaced it and lights still there. i have checked the brake fluid and it is good. also the sensors are all plugged in all around the car. also i tried adjusting the e-brake and it doesnt hold the car. im using bolt in axles and had to remove the old ebrake backing plates and reuse them. i adjust them to just before they touch the inside of the rotor. they still dont work. well when i put the ebrake handle down when i first start driving, the brake light turns off. but immediatly turns back on once the car starts moving. im stuck on where to look. fuses are all good. please someone shed some light on this. thank you!
Old 03-09-2013, 09:24 PM
10 Second Club

Received 412 Likes on 330 Posts

I've been fighting a similar problem. I'm wondering if it's voltage related.
Old 03-13-2013, 12:16 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yea man i cant figure it out. if i get it ill post up. but if you beat me to it please chime in lol
Old 03-17-2013, 09:35 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am in the same situation but I have a S60 rearend. Both lights are on and I can hear a clicking/rattling sound with what sounds like every turn of the wheel. Already opened up the rearend, removed calipers and everything is fine.

Quick Reply: Need help with ABS and Brake light