Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new to nitros

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2013, 03:49 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new to nitros

okay so i am the biggest newbie when it comes to nitros, never thought i would think about doing it to my car cause its my baby. but i wanna do it. i am going to have it done by a pro. but wont be until summer so in the mean time i was hoping that someone would help me understand what exactly happens. what i need. and how much.

i have a 100% stock 1998 formula firebird with the ws6 package. do i need to upgrade the internals, ie... forged? please help...
Old 03-02-2013, 04:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

With a 150 shot or less you won't need to up grade your internals. How much are you looking to spend here? Will you be doing other modifications to car?
Old 03-03-2013, 10:00 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I agree with post above^ 150 or less you dont need to forge nothing. Just new and gaped spark plugs will be enough. What is your budget on this?
Old 03-03-2013, 01:50 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

1. Upgrade your fuel system.

Get a walbro 255 or 340. A racetronix with a hot wire kit no matter what. A good fuel system will make sure your engine is fed and supply ample fuel for the nitrous sytem and upgrades to come.

2. Get a timing device to pull timing.

The LNC 2000 from lingenfelter a good one for this. It is easy to install and does a good job of letting you play with your timing on the spray. There is also the timing tuner and the timing twister from MSD but I prefer the LNC 2000.
They all let you run motor timing and only pull timing when spraying.

3. Use colder plugs.

You are going to need to run colder plugs because of the heat the nitrous will create in the combustion chamber. NGK br7ef (stock #3346) is the plug you will need to use.

4. The word is "nitrous" not nawwsssss, nitro, or nitros.

You will get flamed on here for not using the correct word and some guys will flat out not answer you.

I recommend Nitrous Outlet which is one of our sponsors. They will get you what you need and not sell you sell you something you don't need. They are always on here giving advice. They will support you "BEFORE" and "AFTER" the sale which is the reason I use them today and that is the same sentiment from alot of guys on here. Plus, you are getting a top notch product. Just talk to Neal or Dave over there and they will get you going in the right direction

Quick Reply: new to nitros