Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What you guys think of this combo?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2004, 10:50 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What you guys think of this combo?

This friday i am going to be ordering the TSP 231/237 cam kit from texas speed, along with pacesetter LT's, LS6 intake, ported oil pump, single roller timing chain, TNT f1 kit, 36 lb injectors, safety loop , subframes and new lid. This will be costing all of the money saved over the winter and am just wondering with a good tune how will the car drive, becasue it is still a daily driver and go to track atleast once a month. I want it to be a lumpy idle but not too bad, as dad will wonder what the hell i did to the car. Also what u think the car will put down all motor , and on the 100 shot. Any other opinons ideas or insites to my investment will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Old 04-20-2004, 10:52 AM
11 Second Club

If you are running a F1 wet kit, there is no need for the larger injectors. You would be better off buying a larger intank pump.. walbro 340. I'd be sure to invest in a window switch, bottle heater, and WOT switch too.
Old 04-20-2004, 11:10 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

and you might want consider changing your catback...its going to be very very loud...other than that it should be "driveable" without a tune with your m6 but get a good tune and delete the egr & air and youll be good to go.

lata
Bill
Old 04-20-2004, 01:00 PM
11 Second Club

I already have a intake walbro 255 that was put in this winter, if you think that is enough i will scrap the injectors. I am getting a window switch as well, just didnt list it.
As for the catback, i was going to see how loud it was but was planning on changing from all the opinions with Lt, to loudmouth. Most likely hooker or magnaflow will take its place with a cutout. Once i get a chance it will be going to speed inc to get tuned.
Old 04-20-2004, 01:20 PM
LS1TECH & Trucks Sponsor

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

Pretty much what they have all said so far. A solid tune will make a night and day difference with that cam, Speed Inc. will do a great job, or we can even do a mail order tune for you! You might consider a bottle heater to help keep your bottle pressure up. Pressure can make a HUGE difference in performance. This should be a very fun setup, and again, after a good tune will be very streetable too! Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns!

-Matt-

800-456-0211 / PM / Facebook
WHIPPLE Superchargers, Procharger, Magnuson, Powerbond Sale, HPTuners packages!, Trickflow, AFR, PRC, CHE Trunion upgrade, $100 7.400" pushrod set, Custom Cam of your choice

Old 04-20-2004, 05:53 PM
11 Second Club

I already have a bottle heater that i used on my 5177 kit, it was a ZEX one so it had a thermostat on it and it kinda sucked, so im buying a nos one from a friend. As soon as i can get to Speed Inc it will be going there for sure.