Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help with a swap :)

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2013, 04:41 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with a swap :)

So i have a 1993 z28 Chevy Camaro with a LT1 motor and a fully Built 700r4 Power shifter! now i love the car to death and its still Quick, never got any problems with it but now im looking for more power! and trying to get the most power with my money so i have a 5,000 lime and trying to find the best route to invest that type of money in the car! lq4 or LT1 so i need some advice if i went for the lq4 can someone give me a write up for the swap for the 1993 f body or if i went with investing that into my lt1 which way should i go! my goal is to reach near to 450 HP at the wheel or near it Thankx
Old 03-16-2013, 04:49 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LQ4 is an LS based enginge, so you would need a harness and pcm along with it. I'd just put a supercharger on it at like 8psi and run it. should put you close to where you want and hold up just fine. You will need a H/C setup otherwise and $5000 won't last long trying to do it right
Old 03-16-2013, 05:03 PM
Teching In

mmmm well then i would have to invest more i would want to do this the right way so lets see! if i decided to pick the Lq4 what would i need to make it work?
Old 03-16-2013, 05:45 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Harness, Pcm, LS1 k member (i think), tranny.

I know the input shaft splines are different on the trans, and i believe the bellhousing won't line up, but it might just be one that doesn't line up, i don't remember.

For your goals just stick to the LT1 and either do H/C or a mild boosted setup. Or run a 150 shot. Or a H/C nitrous build, or a H/C boost build. haha. that power level can be reached fairly easy.

Do you have a tuner around you? LT tuners are hard to come by, but i'm sure people on here know who to use. I think the mail order places offer a way to data log, then they use that to tune

I have a k member you can have for the price of shipping if you go that route
Old 03-17-2013, 06:40 AM
Teching In

mmmm Cool cool! thanx haha! now i have to think because as i did more Reading around! sounds like the LQ4 is a motor perfect for turbo lol! Btw i have a Fully built 700r4 with Quick shift aka powershifter! 4 gears and since im new i have no idea whats my gear ratio's i will have to call my Shop to find out my specs on that tranny! all i remember is! the tranny is bulletproof he told me ......
Old 03-17-2013, 06:50 AM
Teching In

Default Updates on the project :))

Okay i just now map out my project lol! so i need someone to tell me what they think

Swap for a 93 Chevy Camaro

LQ4 6.0 from 04 gmc Del.... with Everything included

Complete ls1 K member ready for the motor to drop in !!

ls1 or the ls6 intake manifold (

L92 heads,,

LS 1 Cam ( But i want to Boost it with twin turbo so if anyone can help me with the best cam to go with my goal is to push 12 lbs of boost))

BMR Adjustable Torque Arm

I have 2 t4/t5 turbos with piping for a g6 but it was custom so im very sure i can get some piping bend them to fit !!

Im also thinking of a 9ich Ford rear! only reason is ! someone told me my Rear would'nt Hold that much power! so i wanted to also find out is that true !!! anyways this is what i came up with! now i need someone to tell me what you think ?
Old 03-17-2013, 07:44 AM
On The Tree

there are a few build thread with guys swapping in lsx motor into there lt cars, I was evening planning one in my 96 v6 firebird before lots of good info out there on them,https://ls1tech.com/forums/lt1-lt4-m...going-lq9.html this is a good thread to check out.
Old 03-17-2013, 03:06 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Your $5K budget is dead before the project is even born!
Old 03-17-2013, 06:38 PM
Teching In

Yeah i figure that! if i kept my 5,000 Budget lol! to be honest i really thought 5 ,000 can make a big Improvement! but for me to make it last long i rather just go all out with it to get this car to where i want it, it will take me some time,,,, but thats why i rather ask question before making dumb mistakes
Old 03-17-2013, 09:24 PM
TECH Resident

First off the LS1/6 intake won't work with the L92 heads but as for the rest of it I have done these swaps and its the way to go.

Quick Reply: Need help with a swap :)