Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Reducing Gloss of Door Panels?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2013, 10:55 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Reducing Gloss of Door Panels?

I recently brought some door panels to a local shop to have the cracks welded and then go ahead and paint an additional set of charcoal door panels that I had. Well...they painted ALL the door panels and did a pretty good weld job but the color black does not match the rest of the interior, mainly because it is wayyyy to glossy. In my opinion, glossy interior looks kind of tacky so I was wondering if it's possible to give the panels a flat/less glossy finish? My other option may just be to re-paint pretty much the entire interior of the car, I really like the darker black that they used but it's just the gloss that is bugging me.

If I do the repaint, I will be doing all the work myself to save $$.

I've read tons of options on the forums and everybody seems to have their opinion on interior painting methods. I'm having trouble figuring out which way to go????

I'd like to stick to the stock type finish (flatter) but a go with a slightly darker color black that will look okay with the factory carpet/ebony leather seats. I'd also like something that won't flake/rub off easily and will last a few years.

Anybody have any preferred paints/methods that would match my requirements?
Old 03-20-2013, 10:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I remember reading this thread and thought it would help with your gloss issue: https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...ook-again.html

Quick Reply: Reducing Gloss of Door Panels?