Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A few 4L80e questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2013, 10:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Default A few 4L80e questions

I have Jakes 4L80e (new trans brake too) in my 96 SS camaro and I have a few questions I'd like some help with.

Is there a code / something special you need to do in order to have the manual low gear, 1st in particular? When I manually put the trans in 1st from a stop it seams to start in 3rd or 2nd. When I have it in drive from a stop it starts in 1st, then 2nd, then 3rd... Its strange, the computer will start the trans in 1st when its in drive but wont in the manual gears. The computer is tuned with a segment swap and I'm also running a LS PCM that controls the trans.

I have the linkage setup with the stock 4L60e shift lever and ball on the trans, all stock linkage cable and stock shifter. Its been adjusted a bunch with the same results. With a nonelectric transmission you should be able to select the gear you put it in but with it being electric I'm assuming I'm missing something. Any recommendations on new linkage and shifter setups if its not an electircal problem?

Everything else with the trans is perfect, it drives just as the 4L60e did before the swap.
Old 03-24-2013, 04:01 PM
FormerVendor

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

It's a question better addressed to the vendor you bought it from (us). I'm assuming you have the D3 brake from your post. The circuits on that brake are re-arranged and only a handful of people would be able to figure them out.

You need to put it on a good scanner that gives you all the data and see what gear is being commanded when you select manual low, and what gear the PCM sees it's in.

Quick Reply: A few 4L80e questions