Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

New project, almost starting

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2013, 08:40 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default New project, almost starting

Now that I am closer to having a driveshaft for my car and actually being able to drive it, I am getting anxious to start the next step. Not sure if I want to kep this or get a resleeved LS2 with 4.125 bore.

If resleeved, it will get forged rotating assembly. If i do keep this block, I am not sure it will be forged, but I have seen what happens to the stock stuff, boosted or not.

Any one here used callies dragonslayer crank before? what rods? Looking for N/A build, could spray or boost way down the road but would be willing to change the cam and pistons then.

It will be getting a FAST 102 intake, some make of 102 throttle body.
probably fast fuel rails.

Anyone know what injector size I should be looking for?

Anyone running the Racetronix hot wire kit and pump? thoughts on how it works and install?

Yes I know many questions, thanks in advance for any input.
Appreciate your experienced advise.
Attached Thumbnails New project, almost starting-2012-08-28_22.21.071.jpg   New project, almost starting-2012-08-28_22.21.141.jpg  
Old 03-29-2013, 09:46 AM
CTS-V Shifter Sales

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I had a callies compstar crank and compstar rods in my 418 LS3 stroker. Excellent products. The Dragonslayer is a step above the compstar and is forged in the USA. I had 52# injectors that supported 513 rwHp without a boost-a-pump. They were at about 90% duty cycle. The math for selecting the correct size is fairly simple. It's a function of airflow (cylinder bore and stroke) and AFR at your max rpm. I don't have the exact formula on me right now or I'd calculate it for you.

If you're going to swap pistons if you go FI or N2O then that would be a good time to upgrade from the compstar rods also. Callies recommended their Magnum rods to me for a TT 427 build I am working on.

You may want to look into K1 crank and rods. They are Chinese but the cost is low. Do some research though.
Old 03-29-2013, 10:24 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was considering matching the rods to the crank in someway, like not using compstar rods on a dragonslayer crank.

A local shop, Hinson supercars has used K1 alot as far as I know and seems to be successful with them.

I am considering CTS-Vbiggies n20 kit, but have a line on a set of ls7 heads for a good price that may get my money.

Quick Reply: New project, almost starting