Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

t56 problems

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2013, 10:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default t56 problems

I have a 2000 formula 6spd. Im having some troubles with getting the car into reverse, let me re word that it feels like it goes into reverse fine but grinds when I start to let the pedal out. I just replaced the clutch with a ram hdx kit and a gm slave cylinder. Also had the flywheel resurfaced and new pilot bearing I was hoping that would fix the issue. I was sure to bleed the master cylinder out real good pedal pressure feels great just no reverse. PLEASE help im sick of making sure I can pull straight out of a parking spot or having to push my damn car back lol. Thanks guys
Old 04-04-2013, 07:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It,s not getting fully into reverse. It could be a combo of: bent fork, broken/ missing pads, worn clutching teeth on the slider and/ or gear. You will need a teardown to fix this.
BTW, its unlikely your clutch probs had anything to do with this and thats also why addressing that did not fix this.
Old 04-04-2013, 12:38 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You're going to have to take the tailbone off and take a look. I'd check everything callhoon said maybe even syncro and blocker rings just to cover all the bases

Quick Reply: t56 problems