Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

A4 to M6 conversion kit.

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2013, 10:29 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A4 to M6 conversion kit.

Hey everyone I've been looking around for an M6 kit, and i found this one. Not sure if anyone has used it or even heard of it. But here it is. Is it worth getting all used stuff and then going through and seeing what needs re-built? I just like it for the pretty cheap price tag, can always fix what's broken.

http://www.hawksthirdgenparts.com/pr...-Complete.html
Old 04-16-2013, 04:31 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

No offense man but if you do the swap correctly and start with a known good tranny or buy a built one here from the classifieds you can avoid all of those issues. To the op search under my user name and see my complete writeup I outline everything and all the wiring it's not hard. But my advice is either source a rebuild t56 from a sponsor or find a good one here and buy hydraulics and clutch kit new
Old 04-16-2013, 04:37 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Sorry for the double post but here is the link to my thread... I wish they'd just sticky it as a lot of people ask... But anyway I did it and I have everything you mentioned silent. Cruise control reverse light trunk release clutch in to start... Hell if I didn't tell you the car was an auto you wouldn't know everything works like factory and following my writeup yours will to. In my writeup I don't explain cruise control but I may add that soon as it's very easy.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/manual-tr...e-writeup.html

Quick Reply: A4 to M6 conversion kit.