Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

confused on backup light, nuetral safety, m6 to A4 under dash harness wiring.

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2013, 12:12 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default confused on backup light, nuetral safety, m6 to A4 under dash harness wiring.

I have an orignal m6 car and I'm using a 4l60e engine trans harness. My pcm is from an m6 car and needs to be flashed still.

My wires under the center console were all snipped.

So I'm going to wire an aftermarket nuetral safety switch and a backup light switch to go with my outlaw ratchet shifter.

I have connectors I don't know where they go under the dash. I do have auto pedals with brake/cruise switches and pigtails but I don't know how to wire them into the m6 (under dash) harness.

I'm going to try to post some pics of what I have.

Need to know where these connectors (from m6 body wiring) need to go. I'm guessing one for CPP and Cruise on the clutch. New Auto pedals don't have a clutch but my Auto switch does have something for the Torque converter lockup, So I'm thinking this is what my extra 2 wires are for on the blue 4 wire connector. So how do I run the wires for the brake lamp/TCC blue 4 wire connector?

Here's what's danglin from under the dash with no home

Blue connector- (2 pins) one green/one purple/white.
White connector- (2 pins) one gray wire/one black/white.

On my auto pedal brake switch I have 4 wires instead of 2 (on the m6 brake switch)
Ppl/pnk/grn-white/pink instead of PPL/PNK (m6 2 wires). Well both M6 and A4 cars have a pink and PPl wire so I just connected those. But where does the smaller pink wire and grn/white get wired to? Or do I leave them alone? I BELIEVE THESE LITTLE GUYS ARE FOR tcc lockup??

Also can anyone exlpain where I can run my nuetral safety and backup lights to? They both mount on my outlaw shifter but where do I run these wires too?

Hopefully someone has been through this and can help me out. Wiring is not one of my strengths.
Attached Thumbnails confused on backup light, nuetral safety, m6 to A4 under dash harness wiring.-2013-04-15-12.30.32.jpg   confused on backup light, nuetral safety, m6 to A4 under dash harness wiring.-2013-04-14-18.42.37.jpg   confused on backup light, nuetral safety, m6 to A4 under dash harness wiring.-2013-04-14-18.43.20.jpg  
Old 04-15-2013, 12:22 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Also, never got the manual pedal set with the car so I've been diving in blind.

And you can see in this pic where I cut the old(m6) brake switch and used the wires to start wiring in the new 4 prong blue brake switch connector.

This **** is confusing to me, so I can only imagine how confusing it is to someone reading this lol.
Attached Thumbnails confused on backup light, nuetral safety, m6 to A4 under dash harness wiring.-2013-04-15-12.30.44.jpg   confused on backup light, nuetral safety, m6 to A4 under dash harness wiring.-2013-04-15-13.18.10.jpg  
Old 04-15-2013, 08:35 PM

Received 389 Likes on 298 Posts

I only have a custom harness and therefore have no idea what is under the dash OEM.

However, if no one helps you...
Tell me what year your PCM is and I will lookup what PCM pins the brake and neutral switch go to and tell you what color the wires likely are. That might help you ID the wire under the dash.

Quick Reply: confused on backup light, nuetral safety, m6 to A4 under dash harness wiring.