Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

replaced slave cylinder, clutch, and master cylinder and still have sticking pedal

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2013, 10:42 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default replaced slave cylinder, clutch, and master cylinder and still have sticking pedal

i need some help..
i have replaced the slave cylinder, master cylinder, and also the clutch with a spec clutch about 5000 miles ago and at first the pedal was good and i didnt have a problem but yesterday it stuck to the floor again at WOT
anyone have any suggestions on what to do since i have replaced everything???

sorry if this post is repetitive but i have searched and cant find a for sure answer and am getting tired of f*cking with this clutch issue!!!!!
Old 05-13-2013, 10:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well if it's been great for 5,000 miles and all of a sudden yesterday it stuck to the floor for the first time we know it's at least capable of doing it's job. If it's been working for 5,000 miles and now its sticking to the floor I'd bleed the clutch good. When is the last time you bled the clutch?
Old 05-13-2013, 11:00 AM
Teching In

the last time i bled it was when i installed it
Old 05-13-2013, 11:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Oh yeah, definitely give it a good bleed and report back. I bet that will solve your problem. I wouldn't be surprised if your clutch fluid is black now. When you open the cap to the Master cylinder resavior take note of the fluid level in there, if it's really low or almost empty it could indicate that the slave or master may be leaking and causing your problem as well.
Old 05-13-2013, 11:23 AM
Teching In

should i mity vac bleed? or bleed from the slave and put new fluid in it?
Old 05-13-2013, 12:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Some have had good luck bleeding with a mity vac, others like the traditional way through the slave. I personally like bleeding through the slave. I use this method and it works great...

https://ls1tech.com/forums/manual-tr...-properly.html

Even though it's written for the Tick Master, it works perfect on the stock master as well.

Quick Reply: replaced slave cylinder, clutch, and master cylinder and still have sticking pedal