Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

a newbie to heads and cams

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2004, 11:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default a newbie to heads and cams

right now on my 2000 WS6(M6), i just have hooker heads, off road pipe, corsa exhaust, whisper lid, and MAFT. I want to get heads and cams soon but i have no idea what kind to get. I want to maintain streetablity. Anyone have any suggestions on what kind of heads and cams i should get and how much i should be expecting to pay?
Old 04-25-2004, 11:36 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by freakynipples69
right now on my 2000 WS6(M6), i just have hooker heads, off road pipe, corsa exhaust, whisper lid, and MAFT. I want to get heads and cams soon but i have no idea what kind to get. I want to maintain streetablity. Anyone have any suggestions on what kind of heads and cams i should get and how much i should be expecting to pay?
i would look into AFR heads, and as far as cams go the popular choice around here (okc, ok) is the TR224. I recently noticed an ad from Texas speed for a H/C package for $1800 ( comes with a custom grind cam, ported 5.3 heads, etc). Once you get your H/C package you also have to factor in costs for tuning. What is your goal HP wise/track times?
Old 04-25-2004, 11:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You should really break it down for us what you want. HP, tq, street manners, idle quality, rpm range, cost not to exceed, comp. ratio, intake, rear gears and last but not least, tranny type. Then we might go from there. Also searching can help.