Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2013, 04:34 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bolt-on F-150 vs Viper - 5.0 - Grand Sport

Old 06-03-2013, 05:32 PM
Teching In

Shortest races ive ever seen....except for the last one.
Old 06-03-2013, 05:48 PM
TECH Regular

The only race that lasted more than 10 seconds was the last one.

Just goes to show that "spinnin' 'aint' winnin'."

Any more details on the f150?
Looks like a fun truck.
Old 06-03-2013, 06:06 PM
ASSuming On The Tree

Don't bother asking, he'll give some bullshit answer.
Old 06-03-2013, 06:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by audacious nick
Don't bother asking, he'll give some bullshit answer.
I don't know why people have a problem with this; while I personally really want to know and still think it's 4WD (unless of course the "street tires" they are saying are drag radials which I don't consider to be called an actual street tire). Otherwise it would be funny to see in the faces of the Vettes/Mustangs/etc. that get raped by a truck. I sure as hell wouldn't want to line up against it.

But the races also seem to be very short, as said - granted at an obvious advantage for the truck..but that's the name of the game.
Old 06-03-2013, 11:38 PM
Teching In

All these races are 1/4 mile. The camera is zooming from behind if you notice.. 13 F-150 JLP Tuned,Circle D 3000 stall,4:10s,K&N,No-cats, tru dualls,Magnaflow muffler on street tires with the first traction control off.. It burns rubber if you listen in the video..
Old 06-04-2013, 01:10 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Guitar
I don't know why people have a problem with this; while I personally really want to know and still think it's 4WD (unless of course the "street tires" they are saying are drag radials which I don't consider to be called an actual street tire). Otherwise it would be funny to see in the faces of the Vettes/Mustangs/etc. that get raped by a truck. I sure as hell wouldn't want to line up against it.

But the races also seem to be very short, as said - granted at an obvious advantage for the truck..but that's the name of the game.

Some people just don't understand the game.

Good kills Magic!
Old 06-04-2013, 06:57 AM
TECH Regular

Clearly I'm missing some "drama." Ha!

Looked like a classic scenario where one person gets spooked when the other guy takes off hard.
They panic, stab the throttle, spin harder, repeat.

A few people have gone high 12's with the right bolt ons in their 5.0 F150's.
Even if your car is a full second quicker, if you spin hard enough like the viper, and the slower car dead hooks, then you're fighting an uphill battle.

A stock viper with a bad driver is a high 11 second car at best anyway. They aren't the easiest cars to drive. Couple that with THAT "launch" and I'm not too surprised.

The C6 driver kept a cool head and recovered from a decent launch for the circumstances.

Sounds like it was a good time for most everyone. I wouldn't be surprised if the losers had a good laugh.
Old 06-05-2013, 06:45 PM
10 Second Club

Received 152 Likes on 104 Posts

f150 is slow.
Old 06-05-2013, 09:09 PM
ASSuming On The Tree

Originally Posted by Guitar

It's one thing to build a sleeper and kick ***. I think that's hilarious, because it catches people off guard.
It's another thing to build a sleeper, catch people off guard, and then proceed to lie through your teeth about you car.

I think that it's an integrity issue.There are people who don't have to hide modifications and still kick ***.
Old 06-05-2013, 10:54 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by audacious nick
It's one thing to build a sleeper and kick ***. I think that's hilarious, because it catches people off guard.
It's another thing to build a sleeper, catch people off guard, and then proceed to lie through your teeth about you car.

I think that it's an integrity issue.There are people who don't have to hide modifications and still kick ***.
Are u saying his mod list is a lie? Or am i assuming wrong? U think he's spraying!

Dammmmmmn Magic, Your next video is gonna have to have your hood popped to show that u DON'T have the go-go juice! LMAO! Prove the world wrong!

"If you got a $1,000 dollars I'll pop the hood to show you whether or not I have spray!" <<<<you now i had to get you<<<< LOL
Old 06-06-2013, 02:16 AM
Staging Lane

How can people in a STREET RACING section not understand why someone would not want to disclose on their mods is beyond me.

It ******* street racing. Most of the time its for money. The rules to street/grudge racing is you dont disclose (all) your mods, and you dont tell anyone what your car runs ET wise. At least you dont tell them the truth. Its all part of the game. Out of all the guys im cool with out there that ive been knowing for years I never ask them what they run or whats all done to the car. Outta respect for the game and bc i know they arent going to tell me or if they do tell me it damn sure isnt going to be the whole truth.

They have plenty of guys out there that get new cars/set ups every year and i still dont care to ask what a car they had 3 years ago ran. Its just the way the game is, unless your part of the team you're never going to know the truth. Remember this is a public forum and A LOT of the guys that street race local frequent this section
Old 06-06-2013, 05:11 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We still on about this ****? Whether he does or doesn't want to disclose his mods is on him. Either way, its a good run.

That section looks like their serious business about street racing (for ***** sake, they prep the goddamn street better then some tracks I've seen), so who knows what he does or doesn't do to get races. Let the man do whatever.
Old 06-06-2013, 09:42 AM
ASSuming On The Tree

It is impressive to see what the trucks are capable of. I saw people talking about a tune and cold air intake, running 13.2. Didn't realize they were capable of that.
Old 06-06-2013, 10:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by big hammer
f150 is slow.
and gay.
Old 06-06-2013, 11:25 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by big hammer
f150 is slow.
Originally Posted by Raoul-Duke
and gay.
For your convenience:

Old 06-06-2013, 11:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 5O4racer
For your convenience:

LOL

Still gay.
Old 06-06-2013, 11:40 AM
Teching In

No way all those races went 1/4 mile, unless the quarter was completed in 5 seconds i dont see how you can say they were ALL quarter mile races. All this shows is who can launch better, it doesn't show what the faster car is. Plain and simple. Sure hooking has a lot to do with racing on the street, but the race has to last longer than 5 seconds....
Old 06-06-2013, 11:55 AM
TECH Addict

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

1st two clearly let off due to traction in the first 50-100'. Still the truck won, but he beat the drivers not the cars.
Old 06-06-2013, 11:56 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BM6GTO
No way all those races went 1/4 mile, unless the quarter was completed in 5 seconds i dont see how you can say they were ALL quarter mile races. All this shows is who can launch better, it doesn't show what the faster car is. Plain and simple. Sure hooking has a lot to do with racing on the street, but the race has to last longer than 5 seconds....
What video were you watching??
1st race 0:02-0:18
2nd race 0:20-0:34
3rd race 0:37-0:51

Quick Reply: Bolt-on F-150 vs Viper - 5.0 - Grand Sport