Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Adding Door lock actuator

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2013, 09:49 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adding Door lock actuator

I have a 95 Z-28 that does not have power windows or power locks. It's getting annoying, at least having to unlock with a key every time. I'd like to add the actuator for at least the power locks.

I have the actuator ordered. I have an aftermarket alarm that is able to control it through the alarm fob, but I am interested what would be required to use the stock system.

Was a Keyless entry module included in the power-lock package or a separate option?

Is the BCM the same for manual-windows/lock vs. powered?

If I got all the switches and harness in the doors, is the wiring harness inside the vehicle have the connectors needed? I know they often used the same harness for all vehicle options for simplicity.

Greg
Old 06-20-2013, 02:11 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

F-bodies prior to '96 did not have a BCM. Earlier models with keyless entry had a receiver module mounted behind the right kick panel (the pocket for it is still present but empty on later models). Power locks (AU3) and keyless entry (AU0) were two separate options - you could get power locks without keyless entry but you couldn't get keyless entry without power locks (of course). I don't know if the same harness was used with and without keyless entry but you could pull the right kick panel and check for two 8-pin connectors hanging unused near the pocket - the pocket is easy to recognize... it's molded black plastic directly behind the kick panel trim.

Quick Reply: Adding Door lock actuator