Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2000 Z28 Shifting Issue!

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2013, 10:35 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 Z28 Shifting Issue!

Really not to sure on what this would be under, but I have it narrows down to 3 things. First of all whenever I leave from a stop anything above 900rpms and the clutch grinds like crazy. It does not do this in shifting any other gears at any RPM's including WOT. I am unsure if it is the slave cylinder, master cylinder, or the clutch itself. The car is 100% stock besides exhaust. Any info on this would be greatly appreciated.
Old 06-28-2013, 01:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not quite enough info for a good diagnosis.

I always recommend a good bleeding, with new fluid ran through. Check the level, if its dark in color or no longer clear, do a good bleed. Be it mityvac or traditional, doesn't matter.

Then come back with more info.

Are you low on clutch fluid? Hows the color?

The pedal doesn't stick, so it doesn't sound like a hydraulic issue... kinda rules out bad master or slave, as long as you are not losing fluid. Im guessing fluid is dirty, or something in the trans. Are you using a short shifter?
Old 06-28-2013, 05:48 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So after I posted this either my master cylinder or slave cylinder went out last night, the color is dark brown/black. the pedal is just lifeless on the floor with no pressure. There was fluid leaking out of the bell housing.
Old 06-29-2013, 01:29 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know you probably don't want to here this but I think it is your slave. Mine went out of my GTO at 40k miles. I figured since I had to replace the slave there was no better time to put in a Monster Stage 2. One thing that I have learned from this is keep your clutch fluid clean.

Quick Reply: 2000 Z28 Shifting Issue!