Canned tune

2003 Busa
Full exhaust
PCIII
Canned Tune

Old 06-29-2013, 07:42 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn, put that busa to shame. Pics of your bike??
Old 06-29-2013, 07:48 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What happened to your turbo build?
Old 06-29-2013, 07:49 PM
Teching In

Your boy needs an air shifter because he sucks.
Old 06-29-2013, 08:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yea Ethan def needs to work on those shifts and his tuck
Old 06-29-2013, 09:01 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by BlackBetty99SS
Damn, put that busa to shame. Pics of your bike??

Originally Posted by adamantium
What happened to your turbo build?
Long story short, dropped it off for fab, it sat in the shop for weeks untouched, shop wasn't communicating with me at all, returning calls, etc.

I got frustrated, took it back, and bought a TIG welder to do it myself. All the parts are sitting on my work bench, i'm working a ton of hours, and don't really want to take the bike apart during the only 2 really good months of riding weather in the northeast.

Originally Posted by Tracked350Z
Your boy needs an air shifter because he sucks.
He had a bad 1-2 on the first one, but besides that he wasn't bad. He loses a little steam on the shifts, but he's better than the average guys out there. My shifts take .065 of a second with 100% consistency...easy to make a decent rider look bad.

Originally Posted by evangto87
Yea Ethan def needs to work on those shifts and his tuck
He needs a clear windscreen before he can do much more with the tuck.
Old 06-30-2013, 01:55 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Either your buddy isn't going wot or his bike is hurt. 1st gen busa's with those mods should walk your bike no matter what shifter you have. You should swap places and run through a couple gears against him. Personally if I knew him I would tell him to pick up a 1/4 turn throttle and both rule out him not going wot when he thinks he is (very common issue even among good riders) and enable him to ride with less downward wrist angle.

For those of you who go out and look up articles on these two bikes quarter mile times, don't bother: stock the busa probably has 4 or 5 mph and a few tenths on the gsxr. However, that 750 might have picked up 5rwhp with his mods while the busa will pick up a solid 15-20rwhp all across the board with another thousand plus useable rpms.
Old 06-30-2013, 02:45 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
Either your buddy isn't going wot or his bike is hurt. 1st gen busa's with those mods should walk your bike no matter what shifter you have. You should swap places and run through a couple gears against him. Personally if I knew him I would tell him to pick up a 1/4 turn throttle and both rule out him not going wot when he thinks he is (very common issue even among good riders) and enable him to ride with less downward wrist angle.

For those of you who go out and look up articles on these two bikes quarter mile times, don't bother: stock the busa probably has 4 or 5 mph and a few tenths on the gsxr. However, that 750 might have picked up 5rwhp with his mods while the busa will pick up a solid 15-20rwhp all across the board with another thousand plus useable rpms.
^^agreed.
Old 06-30-2013, 10:39 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones

He's 50lbs bigger than i am, and not tucked as tight.

His bike should make what, 160whp? Only about 30whp more than mine, with a 150lb weight disadvantage (100 for the bike and 50 for the rider), and aerodynamic disadvantage, and slower shifts.

It all adds up. I raced a stock 2012 Busa from a dig at the track with a 250lb guy on it and we both trapped 133.5 in 800-1000DA.
Old 06-30-2013, 12:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Im not sure whats so hard to believe. Does no one recall him racing a faster newer bike (aprilia) with a jockey on it and still beating it from 50 rolls and giving it a hell of a run from high rolls. Now take a slower bike and add a heavy rider who cant completely tuck. Makes perfect sense to me.

As far as claiming what these bikes make for added whp from there mods... they both have canned tunes... like anything else with a canned tune... you have 0 room to judge just how much power they make.

My buddies cls55amg only picked up 30whp from a pulley and a CANNED tune. He had it dyno tuned and made another 50whp on top of that 30.
Old 06-30-2013, 12:23 PM
Staging Lane

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

I beat 1300rwhp corvettes all the time.

Don't know what's so unbelievable about this!

Old 06-30-2013, 05:09 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great runs, dude. And sweet video. If I'm ever back visiting when it's not 2 degrees out, I'll hop on one to rule out rider error. He should also get it on a dyno just to make sure it's not hurt. I've ridden bikes that should have been faster than they were for the mods and when I was unimpressed with seat of the pants acceleration, later found out they weren't making the power because of tuning issues. Not that this is necessarily the case, but if I was him I'd wanna make sure there was no problem. An SAE graph from a dynojet would verify one way or another for sure.
Old 06-30-2013, 06:45 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Gen 1 Busa's are turds by today's bike standards without motor work or boost. Huge aftermarket full of strokers, CnC heads, boost, and nitrous though...so if he wants to drop a few bucks into it there is nothing you can do to keep up on your 750.

They are what, 15 year old motors now? Nothing touched them back in the day, but even new literbikes make a good bit more power plus are way lighter. They are the LT1'S of the bike world, but at least they have an aftermarket .

Gen 2 08+ busas make more power plus respond better to mods.
Old 06-30-2013, 08:02 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Beans
tc.

I got frustrated, took it back, and bought a TIG welder to do it myself. All the parts are sitting on my work bench, i'm working a ton of hours, and don't really want to take the bike apart during the only 2 really good months of riding weather in the northeast.
Wow man that blows, i know exactly how you feel. Im working so much hours i can't even do the LS6 PCV swap without having to planned out like a week prior.
Old 07-01-2013, 12:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Good riding beans!

Just shows you what a maximized combo and a good rider and do..

I'm still stumped by the Busa though... ANY gen 1 Busa with a 200lb rider will trap 140mph... Given he is 50lbs heavier then you, he should still be trapping high 130s..

I think he needs to check his fuel system out and have it tuned..

Good kill either way.
Old 07-01-2013, 01:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Puck
Gen 1 Busa's are turds by today's bike standards

They are what, 15 year old motors now? Nothing touched them back in the day, but even new literbikes make a good bit more power plus are way lighter. They are the LT1'S of the bike world, but at least they have an aftermarket .

Gen 2 08+ busas make more power plus respond better to mods.
As "slow" as you think old gen 1 busas are, all were/are 9.90@140-142 bikes completely stock and at stock height.. Just about any average rider could hop on one and go 10.00-10.20s...

Still takes a hell of a street car to run with a bone stock, 14 yr old busa... And even today, I see a lot of liter bikes that barely out trap a gen 1 Busa even though on paper they should be killing em..

For about $200 you can throw a 2nd intake cam on the exhaust side and pick 2-3 mph at the track... My stock motored gen 1 with a set of "drop in" yosh cams went 9.30s@150, stock wheel base, lowered/strapped/geared....It took BMW and Kawi 10 years to build a sport bike that will match that trap speed... I was running that in 01...

That being said, I'm in the process of selling my 01 gsxr1000 and will be buying a 2014 BMW S1000rr as soon as they are released... Still keeping my old, slow 00' Busa too...(it traps in the 170s now)
Old 07-02-2013, 09:00 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by ajrothm
As "slow" as you think old gen 1 busas are, all were/are 9.90@140-142 bikes completely stock and at stock height.. Just about any average rider could hop on one and go 10.00-10.20s...

Still takes a hell of a street car to run with a bone stock, 14 yr old busa... And even today, I see a lot of liter bikes that barely out trap a gen 1 Busa even though on paper they should be killing em..

For about $200 you can throw a 2nd intake cam on the exhaust side and pick 2-3 mph at the track... My stock motored gen 1 with a set of "drop in" yosh cams went 9.30s@150, stock wheel base, lowered/strapped/geared....It took BMW and Kawi 10 years to build a sport bike that will match that trap speed... I was running that in 01...

That being said, I'm in the process of selling my 01 gsxr1000 and will be buying a 2014 BMW S1000rr as soon as they are released... Still keeping my old, slow 00' Busa too...(it traps in the 170s now)
You can't compare a cammed, dropped, strapped, and geared bike to a stock factory bike and say it took 10 years to catch up.

Gen1 busa's were the fastest things on the road in there time, but like I said they are getting on close to 15 years old now. Stock for stock, a newer literbike is just as fast or faster then a Gen1 busa. Bolt-on zx10s and s1000s are running quicker then your cammed/dropped/geared 9.30s now...technology moves on, just like LT1->LS1. Progression is (usually) just better overall. Pretty much every 05+ literbike will make the same power as a Gen1 busa and weigh a ton less. The current top ones like the S1K and ZX10 will walk away from one.

Still a great bike, very comfortable and has an unbelievably large aftermarket - it just isn't the king of the streets anymore.
Old 07-02-2013, 09:23 AM
TECH Apprentice

Quick shifter lol... Gtr mod for bikes
Old 07-06-2013, 09:47 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Puck
You can't compare a cammed, dropped, strapped, and geared bike to a stock factory bike and say it took 10 years to catch up.

Gen1 busa's were the fastest things on the road in there time, but like I said they are getting on close to 15 years old now. Stock for stock, a newer literbike is just as fast or faster then a Gen1 busa. Bolt-on zx10s and s1000s are running quicker then your cammed/dropped/geared 9.30s now...technology moves on, just like LT1->LS1. Progression is (usually) just better overall. Pretty much every 05+ literbike will make the same power as a Gen1 busa and weigh a ton less. The current top ones like the S1K and ZX10 will walk away from one.

Still a great bike, very comfortable and has an unbelievably large aftermarket - it just isn't the king of the streets anymore.
Good point but to call a Gen 1 Busa a "turd" like you did in a previous post is going too far in my opinion when those old 1999+ bikes can still (as you said) give many new liter bikes a run for their money and for damn sure are faster than any current 750cc bike PERIOD! I wouldn't call them the "LT1's" either, more like the LS1 of bikes. Like the Gen 1 Busa, an LS1 can still keep up or outrun a large majority of newer performance-oriented vehicles where as the LT1 will get its handed to it by a Hyundai Genesis or a new V6 Accord. I agree they're old news but still very relevant bikes
Old 07-06-2013, 11:48 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Redfire 03
Good point but to call a Gen 1 Busa a "turd" like you did in a previous post is going too far in my opinion when those old 1999+ bikes can still (as you said) give many new liter bikes a run for their money and for damn sure are faster than any current 750cc bike PERIOD! I wouldn't call them the "LT1's" either, more like the LS1 of bikes. Like the Gen 1 Busa, an LS1 can still keep up or outrun a large majority of newer performance-oriented vehicles where as the LT1 will get its handed to it by a Hyundai Genesis or a new V6 Accord. I agree they're old news but still very relevant bikes
IMO what you said enforces my point - a 1300cc barely giving 1000cc bikes a run for their money is just like LT1s barely keeping up with stock 6cyls now .

Not saying they are slow at all overal,l since it still takes a hell of a car to keep up with even an 03+ 600, but in the bike world a stock Gen1 is no longer impressive, just like a stock LT1/LS1 is not impressive.

What keeps LS1s even remotely relative today(that is still debatable too depending on who you ask) while a Busa not as much, is that newer vehicles have been getting heavier, while bikes have been getting lighter. That counters the advances in powerplants and drivetrains we have made. If the new SS was ~3600lbs instead of a nearly 4k pound pig then the LS1 would not be holding its own nearly as well either .

Quick Reply: Rematch Vids: 750 vs Busa