Carbureted LSX Forum Carburetors | Carbed Intakes | Carb Tuning Tips for LSX Enthusiasts

New guy needs help with computers

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2013, 09:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New guy needs help with computers

Hey guys I just bought a LS1 and i want to carb it. But I see all these sensor in the block. If I run a carb. What computers do I need and what do I do with these sensors? Just leave them in the block?
Old 07-17-2013, 10:37 AM
On The Tree

The Msd box is a self contained unit so that is the only "computer" you will have. The only sensors it "needs" are cam and crank but you can also reuse the map as well. My motor is in a 240sx so I got rid of everything else. I put after market gauge sensors in the oil pressure and water temperature sensor locations and a wideband for o2 with one bung plugged. In general you can remove everything but cam and crank and it will run.

I would assume if you are putting it into a camaro/gto/vette etc with stock gauges you will want to keep the necessary sensors to keep the gauges working.
Old 07-17-2013, 12:25 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The MSD 6010 is easy breezy...jut hook up cam sensor in rear of block, crank sensor by starter, hook up ground and key hot and you ready to roll...
Old 07-17-2013, 12:37 PM

Ok thanks guys. Much appreciated!
Old 07-17-2013, 02:12 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It is optional to run a map sensor on your intake it helps with throttle response and tuning, but you can run without it til you get it all figured...the MSD instructions are so easy a caveman could do it lol...good luck bro

Quick Reply: New guy needs help with computers