Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New WS6, tell me if my nitrous plan is good

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2013, 05:48 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default New WS6, tell me if my nitrous plan is good

Ok guys, so I had plans to do a turbo LQ swap on my 96 Z, but came across a 99 WS6 I fell in love with and couldnt pass up. So looks like my Hurron Speed piping kit is for sale now.

I want to go nitrous because this WS6 has a LQ 408, AFR 225 heads, 11.1 comp ratio, custom grind Crane cam, 1.7 RR's, fully built and finished valvetrain, 9" with 4.11 gears, you get the idea, not the set up for turbo.

I dont know too much about nitrous because I'm deployed (home in about 10 days) and I've spend the last 8 months researching everything to do about turbo systems.

I know I want to spray no more than a 200 shot. So what I'm thinking is, Nitrous Outlet 90mm plate kit (have Fast 90/90), and a Nitrous Outlet dedicated fuel cell (mount by fuse box). The WS6 has 42# injectors and tune is good, makes 511 rwhp. The reason I want the dedicated system is so I wont have to add a second fuel pump or upgrade, or change the fuel lines, or have to retune. Also with the fuel cell I can run a high octane fuel. To pull timing I'm thinking either LNC-2000 or MSD 6LS.

So my questions are, would the plate system be good for 200 shot? Is the dedicated system a good idea or would you do double pumpers and get fuel from the lines? If I use a high octane fuel in the fuel cell and colder plugs would I have to retard timing, if so how much? What fuel to use in the fuel cell? What plugs to use? Anything else I might be over looking? Thanks

Last edited by Jc803; 07-24-2013 at 12:47 PM.
Old 07-26-2013, 12:27 AM
11 Second Club

bumpp
Old 07-26-2013, 09:59 AM
FormerVendor

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Jc803
Ok guys, so I had plans to do a turbo LQ swap on my 96 Z, but came across a 99 WS6 I fell in love with and couldnt pass up. So looks like my Hurron Speed piping kit is for sale now.

I want to go nitrous because this WS6 has a LQ 408, AFR 225 heads, 11.1 comp ratio, custom grind Crane cam, 1.7 RR's, fully built and finished valvetrain, 9" with 4.11 gears, you get the idea, not the set up for turbo.

I dont know too much about nitrous because I'm deployed (home in about 10 days) and I've spend the last 8 months researching everything to do about turbo systems.

I know I want to spray no more than a 200 shot. So what I'm thinking is, Nitrous Outlet 90mm plate kit (have Fast 90/90), and a Nitrous Outlet dedicated fuel cell (mount by fuse box). The WS6 has 42# injectors and tune is good, makes 511 rwhp. The reason I want the dedicated system is so I wont have to add a second fuel pump or upgrade, or change the fuel lines, or have to retune. Also with the fuel cell I can run a high octane fuel. To pull timing I'm thinking either LNC-2000 or MSD 6LS.

So my questions are, would the plate system be good for 200 shot? Is the dedicated system a good idea or would you do double pumpers and get fuel from the lines? If I use a high octane fuel in the fuel cell and colder plugs would I have to retard timing, if so how much? What fuel to use in the fuel cell? What plugs to use? Anything else I might be over looking? Thanks
That plate will be fine on a 200 shot. The dedicated is a good idea and definitely leaves you room to grow. You definitely need to remove timing(I'd recommend the LNC-2000). About 8 degrees is a good place to start on a 200. C16 is a good choice to go in the dedicated but it really depends on whats available in your area. For plugs I'd go B8EFS gapped at .028 for the 200 shot. I think you're on the right path, if there's anything I can do to help let me know!
Old 07-26-2013, 11:49 PM
11 Second Club

All right thats what I'm talkin about. All questions answered in one shot. Thanks a lot Brandon, definitely buying from you guys very soon.

Quick Reply: New WS6, tell me if my nitrous plan is good