Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Both my belt line door window moldings are on my last nerve

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2013, 09:51 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Both my belt line door window moldings are on my last nerve

I'm at my wits end. I've snapped them in place over and over, yet they keep popping out! I can't even roll my windows down/up anymore or else I'll have to wait till I park to get out and try to push them back down. Looks completely ghetto, and I'm sick of not driving with my windows down. I know body work, but this is just whooping me.

Any tips? All the clips seem to be failing. Am I just SOL and have to buy a whole new strip for both sides?
Old 07-30-2013, 09:41 AM
TECH Resident

I have the same issue from time to time, but I am able to press it down and it stays for awhile. It seems to me that the clips just aren't quite holding like they should, or the strip and window are so tight together that the window pulls the strip upward as you roll the window up.
Old 08-07-2013, 10:09 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Furious1
I have the same issue from time to time, but I am able to press it down and it stays for awhile. It seems to me that the clips just aren't quite holding like they should, or the strip and window are so tight together that the window pulls the strip upward as you roll the window up.
Yeah I'm at the point just to keep it visually normal with pushing it down, but it still pops up. Yet as I said I'm stuck at the situation of not using my windows AT ALL. So this sucks big time. Maybe new ones are in order? I wish they attached to the door frame a little more secure then pushed in clips.
Old 08-07-2013, 11:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 65 Likes on 47 Posts

i had the same problem with mine. the little metal tab on the clip broke off. i went to the junk yard and found one with good clips. it takes a little time to line up the holes with the clips.
Old 08-08-2013, 07:35 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Cajun ELESS-ONE
i had the same problem with mine. the little metal tab on the clip broke off. i went to the junk yard and found one with good clips. it takes a little time to line up the holes with the clips.
That's a good idea getting just the clips instead of a new molding altogether. In case I can't find some at the local junkyard do you know if they sell the clips online or at a hardware store as they sorta look like it would be a common clip?

Quick Reply: Both my belt line door window moldings are on my last nerve