Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

BitViper Antenna Help for fhe Newbie

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2013, 01:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BitViper Antenna Help for fhe Newbie

I know it's considered poor forum etiquette to start a new thread for an old topic, but I've already posted a reply on one of the several other threads concerning this. I replaced the power antenna on my 97 TransAm, but I don't like it. I came across several threads on the BitViper antenna a few weeks ago and tried sending BitViper a couple of PMs. I've had no responses to my PMs or to the post on the older thread, so I'm going to try one more time..

Does anyone know how to get one of the BitViper antennas? If they are no longer available, are there any similar high quality products?

Finally, I saw a thread either on this forum or on an internet search with step by step instructions, pictures, and a parts list for using Camaro parts to modify the TransAm to accommodate this antenna. Can anyone point me to the link? I can't find it now.

Thanks for any help!
Old 07-30-2013, 05:10 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I use this one.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SHORT-CAR-ANTENNA-FIREBIRD-Z06-CAVALIER-CAMARO-SHORTY-/130324213617?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1e57edaf71&vxp=mtr
Old 07-31-2013, 05:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

he still makes it, however you need to use a few parts from a "fixed" antenna. Like the mount etc. I'm not sure exactly where to get the parts needed either. I've also experienced delays in responses from bitviper, not exactly instilling confidence.
Old 07-31-2013, 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by The Guz
I use this one.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SHORT-CAR-ANTENNA-FIREBIRD-Z06-CAVALIER-CAMARO-SHORTY-/130324213617?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1e57edaf71&vxp=mtr
I think the 10" would be about right. Do you have a Firebird? If so, please tell me what Camaro parts I'll need. Also, some of the older threads concerning this subject really bash "e-brand" antennas. Are you satisfied with the quality of yours?

Thanks in advance for your help with this.
Old 07-31-2013, 08:57 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I bought a rubber 3 inch antenna from pep boys. Was like 11 bucks.
Old 07-31-2013, 09:00 AM
Staging Lane

I got mine from him maybe a year or so ago, was really a pretty smooth transaction. I believe he makes these on the side so his job/other RL issues may be preventing him from getting into contact with you.

Best of luck~
Old 07-31-2013, 03:45 PM

Progress! I at least found the lost install thread:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearance-detailing/735453-replacing-your-power-antenna.html
Old 07-31-2013, 04:14 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by mtyler
I think the 10" would be about right. Do you have a Firebird? If so, please tell me what Camaro parts I'll need. Also, some of the older threads concerning this subject really bash "e-brand" antennas. Are you satisfied with the quality of yours?

Thanks in advance for your help with this.

I don't have a firebird. As far as the antenna, I am using the 8". I have no issues with it. Reception is still good and it resembles the OEM antenna.
Old 08-28-2013, 03:17 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by z28clark
I got mine from him maybe a year or so ago, was really a pretty smooth transaction. I believe he makes these on the side so his job/other RL issues may be preventing him from getting into contact with you.

Best of luck~
Real Life is killing me!

Quick Reply: BitViper Antenna Help for fhe Newbie