Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel Gauge after swap

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2013, 05:00 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Gauge after swap

did lt1 to ls1 swap on my 97 z28 now my fuel guage doesnt work and car has 98 interior harness with my 97 dash everything else works also im using 97 fuel pump which everything on it works fine can help?
Old 08-06-2013, 11:10 PM
Teching In

Bump ttt
Old 08-07-2013, 03:03 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by KingPat59
Bump ttt
Ttt bump anybody?
Old 08-07-2013, 05:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm probably the least helpful, as I'm still working out my own fuel gauge issues. But more details. If I understand correctly, you used your original sending unit and wiring at the gas tank, but you just changed out the pump for higher pressure. If so, obviously check the connection in the tank--did the purple wire somehow come loose? If that's good it seems like you need to trace the wire (check continuity) between the gas tank and the wire going into your new interior harness, then check continuity between that connection and your dash gauges. Bottom line, you have to find where signal stops.
Old 08-11-2013, 10:14 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Goldhawg
I'm probably the least helpful, as I'm still working out my own fuel gauge issues. But more details. If I understand correctly, you used your original sending unit and wiring at the gas tank, but you just changed out the pump for higher pressure. If so, obviously check the connection in the tank--did the purple wire somehow come loose? If that's good it seems like you need to trace the wire (check continuity) between the gas tank and the wire going into your new interior harness, then check continuity between that connection and your dash gauges. Bottom line, you have to find where signal stops.
thanks i appreciate it

Quick Reply: Fuel Gauge after swap