Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Motor Mount Bracket Dimensions

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2013, 11:58 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Motor Mount Bracket Dimensions

Hey,

I am looking for dimensions of the bracket that goes onto the side of the engine in the c5 vettes and other y-body cars (I believe they are the same)

I have the bolt pattern on the side of the motor, I just need to know what the angle the bottom flange is relative to the side of the motor and the total height.

I think looks like this:

http://www.corvettesalvage.com/image...M-10260642.jpg

Thanks!
Old 08-23-2013, 07:45 AM
On The Tree

Not sure of the dimensions, but I can tell you they are not all the same. A C5 mount will only bolt onto a ls1 or ls6. You would need a C6 mount to bolt to a LS2, LS3, LS7 or LSA. Not sure about iron blocks though. But the bottom flange is parallel to the k member facing down.
Old 08-23-2013, 08:59 AM
Staging Lane

Wow I did not know they were different mounts. I am a noob for this LS stuff. Thank you for the heads up!

Does the K member run parallel to the ground when installed?
Old 08-24-2013, 09:05 AM
On The Tree

Yes, the mounts bolt up facing straight down. Here is a pic of a C5 (left) and C6 mount. I had to find out the hard way myself.
Old 08-24-2013, 11:58 AM
Staging Lane

Wow that is quite a comparisson. I appreciate the picture of the two. When the engine is mounted in the car how close is the pan to hitting the frame? Can it be safely lowered more if using a stiffer mount?
Old 08-25-2013, 08:25 AM
On The Tree

You do have a few inches to work with, but it really depends on what you are doing. I know that you need the extra room to allow the engine to tilt downward towards the rear to get the torque tube in. I don't think lateral movement is really an issue, even with the stock rubber mounts there isn't enough movement to cause clearance issues. A lot of people run shorter mounts to fit the FAST intakes under the cowl, not an issue. What kind of project do have going on anyway?

Quick Reply: Motor Mount Bracket Dimensions