Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Mr. Clean work?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2004, 12:08 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Mr. Clean work?

Yo my bro picked up that mr.clean auto dry thing for his mach 1 (its not that bad actually) but anyways i was wondering if any1 has tried it, cuz i tried it and it only worked like half way. it started to push the water off and when i came back it left like streak marks and some water spots. if any1 knows exactly how to use it please let me know because i am lazy and if i can knock drying out of my car washing routine then i will do it
Old 05-03-2004, 08:45 AM
Chop-Foo Director

Works good for me, but I still hit the car with a cotton towel to dry
it faster.
Old 05-03-2004, 10:30 AM
12 Second Club

I had the same results as Pendragon, it worked good on my Formula when I hit it with a towel. However, it left nasty streaks and runs on my gf's Grand Am when I tried it on her car with out towel drying. Both cars are black btw.
Old 05-03-2004, 11:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Easiest way to wash and dry I've found:

Wash in shade (of course)
California Water Blade the large areas
towel off the rest

The blade takes LOADS of time off drying and doesnt scratch the finish as long as you keep the blade clean and off the ground...I have a black car so it's easy to see if it did scratch...
Old 05-03-2004, 12:48 PM
TECH Regular

You sure you guys are using enough distiller all over? I have NBM, probably the hardest color to wash...and I got comments asking if I got my car detailed yesterday at a family party. Thing only took me 30minutes to wash and it looked pretty damn good.

Don't do a quick "distill" all over, make sure you cover it in distilled water. All my streaks disappeared...only thing that it sucks on is windows. The windows I'd recommend "redoing" with windex or something else.

For a quick clean, I definately recommend using it. But if you want the "full out clean" look, don't depend on this.

Quick Reply: Mr. Clean work?