Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fast 102 plate kit or Vic jr spray bar/ Puck system?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2013, 09:59 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fast 102 plate kit or Vic jr spray bar/ Puck system?

Im going to switching intakes this fall and will be putting nitrous on at the same time. I know there is a couple of options so that is why im asking. The motor is a SBE heads/cam full bolt on car. It is mostly a drag car with me driving it maybe 10 miles a week. Would a fast 102 plate kit be sufficient or would a vic jr be a better route to go with a puck or spray bar system. I will start spraying a 150 shot and move up to a 200 shot. Any advice would be great.
Old 09-17-2013, 10:05 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

The cam you have now is likley better suited for the FAST intake over the single plane Vic Jr. intake, so I would think you'd be better off going with the FAST intake and plate kit. Without the right cam and valve events, you won't get the most out of that Vic. Jr. intake.
Old 09-17-2013, 10:10 AM
On The Tree

Im not opposed to pulling out the cam and having someone spec one for nitrous to get the most out of the setup. The cam i have now is an ms3 and the heads are prc stage2.5 ls6 heads.
Old 09-17-2013, 10:15 AM
TECH Senior Member

What I meant was the cam would need to be spec'd out specifically for the Vic. Jr. intake. The Vic Jr. and Vic intake get a bad wrap because people will switch over to them from a LS6 or FAST intake and then wonder why they lost low end power/torque and doesn't perform the way they thought it would. It's not the intake/TB's fault, it's because the cam was not designed for a single plane intake. If you do go the Vic. Jr. route, have Martin at Tick Performance spec you out a cam. You don't need a Nitrous specific cam if you only plan on doing a 200 shot. Here is a good thread that's applicable to your situation:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...70-update.html
Old 09-17-2013, 10:19 AM
On The Tree

Ahh that clears alot of stuff up. All ive heard is people are losing hp low end and thats why they say not to switch to that setup. The only reason im sticking with the 200 for the time being would be to maybe prolong the bottom end but im not opposed to spraying more.
Old 09-17-2013, 10:23 AM
TECH Senior Member

Valve events of a cam greatly impact that. With the right cam, a Vic Jr. or Victor intake will how plenty of low end power and torque and scream like a little bitch up top. I've always heard you don't need a nitrous specific cam until you start spraying in excess of a 300 shot. I would say 200 is the max I'd put through a stock short block.
Old 09-17-2013, 10:53 AM
On The Tree

To take the easier, faster, cheaper route would be to go with the fast 102/102 plate kit. To get more in depth spend a little more money but have a better running setup would be to go with a Vic or Vic Jr with a puck or spray bar. So needless to say I guess I need to figure out how in depth I want to go.
Old 09-17-2013, 11:44 AM
TECH Senior Member

You would have to add up the cost for each route, but I bet they will be pretty close in cost. You can always sell the cam you have now to recoup some of the cost a new cam will cost if you go the Vic Jr setup. Either setup will make great power.
Old 09-17-2013, 01:38 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Vic Jr and Puck system will make the most HP and have the most even tune up (cyl to cyl) with the nitrous on.

JMO.
Old 09-17-2013, 02:04 PM
FormerVendor

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

I agree with ATVracr. Go with the Puck and Vic Jr. and if you swap cams it will be even better. Not only that but you will have plenty of room to grow later when you go up in shot(which we know you will lol) and/or motor.
Old 09-17-2013, 03:17 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by brandon@nitrousoutlet
I agree with ATVracr. Go with the Puck and Vic Jr. and if you swap cams it will be even better. Not only that but you will have plenty of room to grow later when you go up in shot(which we know you will lol) and/or motor.
Sounds like i should go with the puck system and a vic jr or vic since im like every other guy and will go bigger down the road lol like i said 200 shot for the time being. Brandon which would be better to get a quote by email or call. Id like a quote on the puck system from bottle to intake. Last question would you prefer a 4150 style throttle body or a stock style intake with an elbow?
Old 09-17-2013, 03:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

4150 would be better.
Old 09-17-2013, 03:28 PM
FormerVendor

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Mullettt
Sounds like i should go with the puck system and a vic jr or vic since im like every other guy and will go bigger down the road lol like i said 200 shot for the time being. Brandon which would be better to get a quote by email or call. Id like a quote on the puck system from bottle to intake. Last question would you prefer a 4150 style throttle body or a stock style intake with an elbow?
I like the 4150 throttle body. If you can, shoot me a PM and I will build you a quote up. Just need some info to put you into our system.
Old 09-17-2013, 04:56 PM
Teching In

go for a super vic jr. intake and puck system. ms3 cam is really good.

im selling my setup brand new never even put on the car. still all in wrapping. me and a friend of mine already have a nitrous car. with a plate system so we were trying to build another one with a better cam intake throttle body and nitrous system. its ggonna make alot of power with the puck sysytem. were switching over to turbo something new see if we can beat the time from nitrous...

if you go on nitrous outlet facebook page you will see are video of the world record on just a cam and nitrous setup. they posted the video on there page.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mlh8-...ature=youtu.be
Old 09-17-2013, 10:28 PM
FormerVendor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

No offense, but the MS3 has horrible valve events for a Vic Junior. Much better suited for a fast intake. I know people have run fast with them, but it's my opinion.

The cam I just did for the gentleman in the thread Rise Of the Phoneix posted switched from a large EPS grind with a Fast 102 to a Super Victor 4150 style intake with a custom cam that I specified.

The torque curve of his Fast intake and old camshaft 100% mirrors the new camshaft and intake until 5000rpm. At 7000rpm the difference is 32rwhp uncorrected comparing the two. SAE corrected on both pulls the gain was even higher than 32rwhp.

The cam I specified has more duration than his old cam with the Fast intake, but it has the right valve events as ROTP mentioned.
Old 09-18-2013, 06:52 AM
On The Tree

It sounds like to me the best choice would be to change out the cam either way?
Old 09-18-2013, 10:33 PM
FormerVendor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

In my opinion, yes.

Quick Reply: Fast 102 plate kit or Vic jr spray bar/ Puck system?