Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Idle tuning

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2013, 12:05 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Idle tuning

I just bought HP Tuners last week so I have been doing a lot of reading and learning, but I just wanted to make sure on some things first before I write it to the PCM.

In the guide I am using to get started on the idle tune, he says to raise the target idle to 900-950rpms. I raised the idle table by 100 across the board. I uploaded a SS of the table.

He also says to change the park and drive idle values to 22 degrees. I ajusted the spark up to 1200rpms. I uploaded SS of both idle park and drive idle spark values.

he also says to adjust the TB idle screw till I read the IAC count between 40-60.

Does this all look good or do I need to go back to the drawing board?

sorry for the newb questions, Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails Idle tuning-hp-tuners-target-idle.jpg   Idle tuning-hp-tuners-drive-spark.jpg   Idle tuning-hp-tuners-park-spark.jpg  
Old 09-24-2013, 03:58 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

With a MS4 cam, add another 200 RPMS (950 at operating temp) And I would use 26*-30* idle timing. And you will need to add 4 g/sec to your RAF table, then check the STIT & LTIT with the scanner and adjust the RAF table to get the idle trims within +-.75 g/sec with the car not moving.

Russ Kemp
Old 09-24-2013, 10:38 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, I try that. Thanks!

Quick Reply: Idle tuning