*Government Shutdown* What's your opinion?

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2013, 08:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default *Government Shutdown* What's your opinion?

http://nbcpolitics.nbcnews.com/_news...-shutdown?lite

2013 October 1 - Due to disagreement regarding inclusion of language delaying the Affordable Care Act,[11] the Government has not passed a funding bill. Negotiations have come to a stop and the United States federal government shutdown of 2013 is in progress.

Thoughts and Opinions?
Old 10-01-2013, 08:21 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just think its sad that our country is ran by a bunch of idiots. There's only a select few that are worth anything, and then again you cant trust them either. Its delaying something (ACA) that is going to screw us over royally once it goes into full affect.
Old 10-01-2013, 08:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

WGAF! The most useless bunch of ******** in existance are now not working. What's the difference? What were they doing that was worth a squirt of **** prior to the shutdown? That's my opinion.
Old 10-01-2013, 08:43 AM
On The Tree

I think we should go back to the way things were done in 1776!! We need to Tar and Feather these ******* ******** starting with Obama and Harry Reid!
Old 10-01-2013, 08:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 99FRC
WGAF! The most useless bunch of ******** in existance are now not working. What's the difference? What were they doing that was worth a squirt of **** prior to the shutdown? That's my opinion.

Actually, the idiots in Washington are still working, the ones it affects are those like me, working people who, although they work for the government, i.e. national parks, etc., those are the ones who go on furlough because them idiots can't come to agreement. I say to hell with right or left wing ****, when are they going to quit the party bs and work for us, the American people. The people who should of stopped getting pay should of been the President, the House, and Congress first, then I bet them jackasses would not be so eager to just say f it, we aren't budging....
Old 10-01-2013, 09:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

From what I understand, the senate and congress still get paychecks...what do they care.
Old 10-01-2013, 10:00 AM
12 Second Club

somehow it'll work out and obama will look like a hero.
Old 10-01-2013, 10:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by YellowTA1
Actually, the idiots in Washington are still working, the ones it affects are those like me, working people who, although they work for the government, i.e. national parks, etc., those are the ones who go on furlough because them idiots can't come to agreement. I say to hell with right or left wing ****, when are they going to quit the party bs and work for us, the American people. The people who should of stopped getting pay should of been the President, the House, and Congress first, then I bet them jackasses would not be so eager to just say f it, we aren't budging....
Yeah, you're right that sucks! Sorry to hear about your furlough. Just a damn shame that those morons just keep paying themselves, don't have to use Obamacare but think it's a great idea for everyone else and basically **** everything up for everybody else while continuing to line their own pockets.
Old 10-01-2013, 10:35 AM
TECH Addict

I wish Schaub worked for the government.
Old 10-01-2013, 10:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's funny because we had enough money to start another war in Syria
Old 10-01-2013, 11:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 99FRC
Yeah, you're right that sucks! Sorry to hear about your furlough. Just a damn shame that those morons just keep paying themselves, don't have to use Obamacare but think it's a great idea for everyone else and basically **** everything up for everybody else while continuing to line their own pockets.
Actually, I should have put like "us" as I was referring to the blue collar workers that do work for the government that will be on furlough and not be paid, I am not one of those people, just for clarification.
Old 10-01-2013, 12:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The art of politics is the art of compromise.

It seems our leadership has forgotten that. When you have a president that say things like "this is the only option" and "give me what I want now and I will think about what you want later" then there is no hope.

I know my quotes might not be exact but they get the intent across.
Old 10-01-2013, 12:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Bunch of morons. If a normal business was ran like the American government , it would be out of business quick and in a hurry.
Old 10-01-2013, 01:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I think we need another Civil War. This time, make it between the hard working conservatives who provide for themselves and don't like giving away all their hard earned money to a bunch of lazy *** ****-heads who do nothing for our country but make it look bad and the the lazy *** Liberals who want us hard working folks to hand over our hard earned money and pay for these ******* degenerates to have health care. I wonder who would win. My money is on the side who actually owns guns and isn't about banning them and anything else that could "hurt" somebody. Wouldn't be much of a war if you ask me. We'd probably spend more time digging graves or burning the bodies than we would on the actual war.

Sorry guys; just had to rant for a few.
Old 10-01-2013, 01:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It should stay shut down...let the corrupt system that's in place implode on itself. I just feel for the avg working joe that cant get a paycheck.
Old 10-01-2013, 01:19 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Rise of the Phoenix
I think we need another Civil War. This time, make it between the hard working conservatives who provide for themselves and don't like giving away all their hard earned money to a bunch of lazy *** ****-heads who do nothing for our country but make it look bad and the the lazy *** Liberals who want us hard working folks to hand over our hard earned money and pay for these ******* degenerates to have health care. I wonder who would win. My money is on the side who actually owns guns and isn't about banning them and anything else that could "hurt" somebody. Wouldn't be much of a war if you ask me. We'd probably spend more time digging graves or burning the bodies than we would on the actual war.

Sorry guys; just had to rant for a few.

Don't forget the gun toting individuals aren't afraid of a hard days work. Highly doubt the guys making the "big boy decitions" would be very effective in a war
Old 10-01-2013, 01:20 PM
On The Tree

Rise of Phoenix....You stole the words out of my mouth! Whatever happend to pride of ownership and self worth? The bad thing is the liberal democrats are reproducing at a much faster rate; like disease infested rats in a sewer. Conservatives will prevail. Its the law of the land
Old 10-01-2013, 01:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 02ls1gun
Rise of Phoenix....You stole the words out of my mouth! Whatever happend to pride of ownership and self worth? The bad thing is the liberal democrats are reproducing at a much faster rate; like disease infested rats in a sewer. Conservatives will prevail. Its the law of the land
It's been diminished by Liberalism and all that it stands for. I agree that Liberalism is growing. I call it the "pussification" of our country. As long as there are a handful of hard working, God fearing, gun toting folks, we will prevail. I'm not kidding one bit though that I think it's going to take something like a Civil War to make it happen. Hell, if you good folks of Texas want to succeed, then I'll pack up my family and move there in a heart-beat.
Old 10-01-2013, 01:35 PM
10 Second Club

Maybe I'm stating the obvious but this whole "obamacare" seems to be nothing more than a power play that will enable the democrats to remain in power for years to come, and the republicans aren't buying it. I don't blame them. It think we, as americans, should collectively take turns farting in Obama's face for coming up with this stupid idea in the first place:

Americans = Adam Sandler
Obama = David Hasselhoff

Old 10-01-2013, 02:25 PM
Teching In

smoke and mirrors...

Quick Reply: *Government Shutdown* What's your opinion?