Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Rebuilt front, fixed fuel pump and now this bullshit...

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2013, 08:16 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rebuilt front, fixed fuel pump and now this bullshit...

NYC drivers are ****** something else.

Driving thru city, taking my woman to exchange some lights we bought that don't work for my daughter's bday party, when some ******* slams on the brakes and I end up having to do the same, but I hit him. Pull over to the side, no damage on his car, but damage on mine.

I'm looking for a V bumper now (preferably in black) and a grill if anyone has.

There's damage to a few components, the wiper hose got cut in half, and it seems my driver side light is out as well. I'll have to check to see what that issue is later on. Headlight on side looks damaged inside, but externally looks ok. I'll most likely pull everything apart and see extent, and just patch that back up and put it back in.

Bumpers cracked but not horrendously. Just a hole where the guy had his trailer hitch. Broke most of the grill more than anything else. I'll hold out on buying a bumper until I can find one at a decent price. I JUST REPAIRED THIS A FEW MONTHS BACK, and this bumper cost me 600+, not including the 300 i paid to respray it.

My luck sucks ******* recently. lol
Old 10-09-2013, 08:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Sucks, sorry to hear it - at least the other guy didn't fall out holding his neck...

I've got the headlight washer tubes if you want them
Old 10-09-2013, 08:50 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by jclayc
Sucks, sorry to hear it - at least the other guy didn't fall out holding his neck...

I've got the headlight washer tubes if you want them
I'll take em. just PM me and lmk what you want.
I had a witness in the car with me, for whatever that would have been worth. He didn't want to call anyone, and i didn't need the headache since I drive for a living and don't need my insurance being higher so we left it at that.
Old 10-09-2013, 09:42 PM
TECH Addict

must have been Walter white aka Heisenberg not wanting the heat coming down on him!
Old 10-10-2013, 09:07 AM
TECH Addict

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Good luck finding a bumper! Been looking for one for some time now. Gotta get a new one for around 450 ish and have it painted. Sucks.
Old 10-10-2013, 03:50 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You rear ended someone and are mad?
Old 10-10-2013, 04:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TeamSorad
And the vehicle (presumably and SUV/truck) since it had a tow hitch, has better brakes than a V?
Old 10-10-2013, 05:07 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by TeamSorad
You must not live in NYC.

I rear ended someone who slammed the brakes on for no reason, and the ONLY thing I hit was the ridiculous trailer hitch.

The reason he slammed on the brakes for no reason eludes me... as there wasn't a single car in front of him when he did it. It was right off a green light... but that won't matter, because its still a rear end.

NYC is a very fucked up state in regards to insurance, and hitting anyone from rear is automatic. I'm still fighting for my insurance payout for hitting someone who got SIDEWAYS and ended up in my lane on the HIGHWAY out here. Guess thats my fault too. Lord knows I could have just ejected over em.

I'll accept fault when its my fault... but this wasn't. Its just how people drive out here that amazes me. I didn't feel like going thru insurance, only to be blamed, have my rate increase, have my witness's statement mean nothing (as its already happened with the highway incident) and end up STILL paying out of pocket (again). The guy on the highway basically agreed that he got sideways and there was nothing I could do, ON A POLICE REPORT... and I STILL haven't seen a cent from that.

I've just finished repairing the headlight (which ended up being a cut purple wire thru the harness and a fuse replacement.) Fixed the wiper hose too by cutting off a piece, and using a barb with clamps to connect it back.

I've already ordered the grill, and I'm waitin to see if I can find the bumper for cheap.
Old 10-10-2013, 11:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default Bumper

I looked for yrs. on ebay and found nothing...hope everything works out..btw I love NY.NOT!! It stinks..Typical NY drivers..I have been driving up there for 35yrs. and it's worse than ever..

Last edited by GREG O.; 10-10-2013 at 11:46 PM.
Old 10-11-2013, 05:12 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by GREG O.
I looked for yrs. on ebay and found nothing...hope everything works out..btw I love NY.NOT!! It stinks..Typical NY drivers..I have been driving up there for 35yrs. and it's worse than ever..
Truth.

I found a crappy one on eBay for too much, IMO... so I just ordered a new one and I'll just have it painted... yet again. My faith in finding a V bumper ran out. LOL
Old 10-11-2013, 10:48 AM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Call http://www.contemporarycorvette.com/
They have used V parts.
Old 10-11-2013, 10:48 AM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Call http://www.contemporarycorvette.com/
They have used V parts.
Old 10-11-2013, 06:45 PM
12 Second Club

If I couldn't stop my V as fast as a suv I would probably give people more room. I thought when you rear ended some one it was your fault in every state, even in bad weather.
Old 10-11-2013, 07:18 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 81LS1Camaro
If I couldn't stop my V as fast as a suv I would probably give people more room. I thought when you rear ended some one it was your fault in every state, even in bad weather.
Not possible in NYC, where the instant there's space, someone will cut you off.
Drive out here to understand. I don't expect anyone to understand until then.
Old 10-12-2013, 11:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Been there done that... I feel your pain. Saw a black bumper that's been patched up on ebay about a month prior with a pic of a jetski next to it. I'd rebuild the grille housing with epoxy and straighten out the mesh, as I have done it twice already Its a pain but saves you significant cash. The mesh just fits between a thin sheet of plastic border on each side. 8 little bolts hold the two plastic trim pieces together with the mesh squeezed in between. Got 8 little bolts and screws at home depot and a tube of 2 minute epoxy...Total work time is about an hour depending on how torn up the plastic frame is, I just let the epoxy dry overnight to be safe.

Last edited by kl2onik; 10-12-2013 at 11:44 AM.
Old 10-13-2013, 04:13 PM
11 Second Club

If he just slammed on his brakes for no reason, he had to be sending a Tweet and dropped the phone. lol
Sorry about your accident. I just had mine repaired and repainted not long ago. But I ranned into my tool box in my garage. lol
Maybe I should stick with automatics. NOT!.....

Quick Reply: Rebuilt front, fixed fuel pump and now this bullshit...