Carbureted LSX Forum Carburetors | Carbed Intakes | Carb Tuning Tips for LSX Enthusiasts

where is jet (Holley)?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2013, 01:36 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Arrow where is jet (Holley)?

Mine (2001 Unlimited Camaro) Ls2Carbed engine and have Holley Carburetor on it. I don't know where the jet located? and I don't know the jet # is. Need to change the jet.
Tell me which one yellow/black tie or red arrow is Jet?

Look at spark plugs looks black dry fouling .Too much. rich..

ls2 motor:

Appreciate for any input.

Forget to add, I already order Auto-Meter air/fuel gauge.
Old 10-17-2013, 01:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Those are te air bleeds. The jets are in the fuel bowls.
Old 10-17-2013, 01:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Did you pull the plugs right after a pass, like shut the motor off right after you cross the finish line?
Old 10-17-2013, 02:04 PM
TECH Resident

the jets inside in the bowl? Do I have to remove the whole carburetor out and change the jets in front/back fuel bowls?
Old 10-17-2013, 02:06 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by TDMKR496
Did you pull the plugs right after a pass, like shut the motor off right after you cross the finish line?
I drove 10 miles only. I have not use drag.
Old 10-17-2013, 02:06 PM
Staging Lane

More to it then just changing jets. Is it fouling those during WOT only? Change secondary jets by removing rear fuel bowl. Fouled them while cruising around 30-60? Change primary jets located in front fuel bowl.

Does it foul them out at idle? Check vacuum on the engine with a vacuum gauge. It could be the power valve opening up at idle or even at cruise. That is located behind the metering block which is behind the fuel bowl. Also your idle control needles need to be set right. These are located on each side of the front metering block and a good place to start is 1.5 turns counter clockwise from fully seated.

Also is fuel dripping into the carb through those round boosters in the top? This could be a case of too high of fuel pressure (check you want 6psi at idle). Could also be a stuck needle/seat or float which will foul the plugs out like that and cause a really shitty idle. You need to verify the fuel level is correct in the bowls. Do a search on google for holley float level set for instructions. This must be done on level ground before adjusting any other settings.

Good luck (ps read everything you can on tuning holleys) There is more to them then just jets but nothing super technical just study how they work for a few hours and you should be good to go.
Old 10-17-2013, 02:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

To lean your fuel out with the jets just take the 4 bolts off the front and rear bowls and the jets are right on the metering block. I do mine with the carb on the engine but it spills a ton of gas. So I normally run my engine with the fuel pump off to get the bowls empty first but it doesn't all empty. Fwiw your plugs aren't good but mine are worse haha
Old 10-17-2013, 02:09 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Jeff Smith
the jets inside in the bowl? Do I have to remove the whole carburetor out and change the jets in front/back fuel bowls?
You can do it while it's on the car and it's perferred. Pull out one of the bottom screws and let the fuel drain out into a cup. Put rags around everything because you will spill some. Next disconnedt the fuel fitting from the bowl. Then remove the 3 remaining screws on the fuel bowl. Pull the bowl off and the jets will be plainly visible located in the metering block. When you put the bowl back on, take note of the accelerator pump lever which is on the left bottom of the fuel bowl. It must be under the spring/linkage located to the right of the carburetor.
Old 10-17-2013, 02:16 PM
Staging Lane

I'm assuming this is a used carburetor?

Those plugs look fuel fouled to me, as in WAY too much fuel and I have seen this before but the jets were not the problem. You need to verify a few things on the carb before changing jets

1) Does the car idle okay or does it stumble or smell overly rich
2) Does the car surge while cruising around at low speed?
3) Look inside the carb with a flashlight, its it wet or dry inside the venturis (barrels)?
4) Do you have a vacuum gauge? How much vacuum are you running at idle?

You said you drove it about 10 miles then pulled the plugs. Why did you pull the plugs? was the motor starting to bog down and stall on you?
Old 10-17-2013, 05:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Op, what are you doing with the car? I see a ls2 with a dizzy and a mech fuel pump and a big hole in the fire wall. Something about all of this makes me assume you are more worried about wot performance and less about drivability? Is this a dd cruiser, a street warrior, a weekend toy, or a race car? Id worry less about a race cars dd ability and more about wot performance right?

Quick Reply: where is jet (Holley)?