Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

New Build Ideas..

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2013, 12:06 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Build Ideas..

Okay, so im starting to get some pieces together here I will be starting a new build from scratch on an 85 iroc camaro, doing a junkyard 5.3 with a cam swap E85 and a front mount IC. Going to go with a single turbo set up was thinking probly a 76mm objective for now is to keep it within a kinda tight budget.. likely will be using ebay turbo to start, i know its not the best quality but it will get me started on the fabricating process..

Anyways I am looking for some opinions on what could be a good starter kit to buy to get some custom headers set up as well as total hot side and cold side tubing want to do the design myself and I read through FIREBALL's build and it looks awesome. did some searching through the forum and couldnt really find a good source but would anyone have a layout on what bends to start with and a good source to find them at would also be very helpful, if anyone has any info or at least somewhere to point me in the right direction would be awesome will be locating the turbo in the battery tray location on the passenger side.
Old 11-29-2013, 01:46 PM
On The Tree

Default change in thoughts

just ran across the sticky for the truck manis on fourth gen.. think im going to attempt to make them work on my third gen and also will be swtiching to a tubular kmember to help route the exhuast exit.. but also any additional info on the amount of pipe i should be looking at to run a front mount IC and also the hot side tubing and bend info would be appreciated just a ball park never done anything with a turbo set up before so this should be an interesting build shooting to the 650-750 whp range.. just a weeking cruiser and strip car now but if all goes well will be daily driving this thing in the summer months
Old 11-29-2013, 02:05 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by I-H8-RICE
just ran across the sticky for the truck manis on fourth gen.. think im going to attempt to make them work on my third gen and also will be swtiching to a tubular kmember to help route the exhuast exit.. but also any additional info on the amount of pipe i should be looking at to run a front mount IC and also the hot side tubing and bend info would be appreciated just a ball park never done anything with a turbo set up before so this should be an interesting build shooting to the 650-750 whp range.. just a weeking cruiser and strip car now but if all goes well will be daily driving this thing in the summer months
Mandrelbends.com they sell little kits with different bends in any material you want and what ever size you want ...I would say get a denmah gt45 turbo kit but for 650-750hp you will be maxing the turbo out
Old 11-29-2013, 02:31 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by cory32690
Mandrelbends.com they sell little kits with different bends in any material you want and what ever size you want ...I would say get a denmah gt45 turbo kit but for 650-750hp you will be maxing the turbo out
this actually looks like it may be a good option... i know im a little high on my hopes for horsepower.. but honestly i would be okay with 550 wheel horsepower or so.. im shooting to get the car into the mid to low 10's which i think is doable.. right now im running a gen 1 sbc with probly 425 at the crank and im running 11.98..
the kit you mentioned is basically a universal kit then? comes with cold side stuff then id just fab up a hot side and make some mods to what they are including with this kit?
Also, a turbo upgrade will always be an option down the road.. this looks like a great kit to get me started, im going to start getting the old set up out in the next couple weeks so this kit is deffinetly on my watch list THANKS!

Last edited by I-H8-RICE; 11-29-2013 at 02:34 PM. Reason: add
Old 11-30-2013, 02:02 PM
On The Tree

out with the old, in with the new pretty soon here.. if anyone knows someone that might be interested in an estimated 425 HP gen 1 forged 327 let me know! need to fund my swap.
Attached Thumbnails New Build Ideas..-engine.jpeg  

Quick Reply: New Build Ideas..