LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Cooling Question

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2013, 09:29 PM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Cooling Question

I have an 94 z28 with an LT1 / T56. There is no heater, reservoir tank, nor are the oil coolant or throttle body pre-warming lines used. The 2 small un-used ports on the water pump housing have been plugged.

I'm using a Meziere Electric water pump & a BeCool 35003 Universal Race Radiator, which only has two ports: Bottom passenger side / Top driver side & a small vent tube on the filler neck.

I've attached some pics to help illustrate. What I've done is hooked the bottom line of the radiator to the thermostat neck on the water pump. The top line from the driver side of the water pump hooks to the top of the radiator -- That line has the factory "Y" in it (originally from the Throttle body), which I've now connected to the cylinder heads steam line. I believe hot / cold coolant is flowing in the appropriate direction, but wanted to make sure. Any feedback would be appreciated! Thanks! Jason
Attached Thumbnails Cooling Question-.jpg   Cooling Question-b.jpg  

Last edited by JL_94z28; 12-07-2013 at 09:36 PM.
Old 12-07-2013, 10:37 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts

Should be appropriate flow IMHO.
Old 12-09-2013, 05:27 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks good but, I would add a recovery style catch can for the radiator overflow that comes out under the radiator cap. This will help you manage air in the system much better. It is also required for most racing organizations.

Quick Reply: Cooling Question