Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

BMR anti wheel hop kit and front diff bushing?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2013, 09:54 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BMR anti wheel hop kit and front diff bushing?

Took my V in for a tune. Get a call from my mechanic and he tells me the diff bushing is SHOT. He recommended the above items to replace. Any thoughts on these products?
Old 12-11-2013, 10:23 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Our cradle bushings eliminate wheel hop and our front diff bushing is the best out there. We have a Christmas sale going on right now too. Lifetime warranty on all of our polyurethane.
Old 12-12-2013, 06:01 AM
On The Tree

I have the Revshift cradle bushings installed and have had zero wheel hop since doing so. I've read that people with the BMR kit were still having issues.
Old 12-12-2013, 06:35 AM
TECH Resident

I have a bmr pinion angle brace for sale, brand new if you want it...
Old 12-12-2013, 07:53 AM
Staging Lane

Don't waste your time on the BMR Kit. BMR AWH Kit is 299...a set of urethane cradle bushings and a diff bushing will only run you around $200.
Old 12-12-2013, 08:14 AM
Launching!

I put the BMR kit on mine. I got it stupid cheap used so I figured why not. It definitely helped and the install was simple.

If I were to have to buy new, I'd definitely go with the Revshift cradle bushings and front diff bushing first.
Old 12-12-2013, 08:19 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by StretchASU
Don't waste your time on the BMR Kit. BMR AWH Kit is 299...a set of urethane cradle bushings and a diff bushing will only run you around $200.
He suggested the following:
http://www.lmperformance.com/4649?gc...FfBDMgodO0kAmA

He said that in the long run, it will assist minimize damage to the rear diff.

As well as this :

http://www.lmperformance.com/4884/68.html

Saying that it will eliminate the 1" movement of the diff when driving.

I'm not going to be dragging it all time, maybe every once in a while, but I'm wanting to know if I should just bit the bullet and do it all? The car is an 05 w/ 65k on it and I plan on keeping it for a while.
Old 12-12-2013, 09:02 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by mild83

As well as this :

I'm not going to be dragging it all time, maybe every once in a while, but I'm wanting to know if I should just bit the bullet and do it all? The car is an 05 w/ 65k on it and I plan on keeping it for a while.
If you're buying new and keeping it a while, get the Revshift cradle bushings. You can get the pinion brace (I have one as well), but do not install it without doing something to solidify the rear cradle.

If you install the pinion brace and leave the cradle to bounce all over the place, you'll break the front of the diff because it will be trying to support the entire rear subframe on it.
Old 12-12-2013, 10:07 AM
Staging Lane

As well as this :

There are just better fixes for the rear end of these cars than the BMR Kit. If you plan on keeping the car for a while and drag racing it at all you will be better off doing urethane cradle bushings and a urethane diff bushing. The problem is all of the soft rubber bushings in the rear end of these cars which contributes to a lot of the wheelhop issues which kill the diffs.

I am indifferent to the different bushing vendors for this car as I have both Creative Steel and RevShift products on my car and are happy with both, but currently with the christmas promotion that RevShift is running you can get all of their urethane bushings for the rear of the car (Diff, Cradle, Trailing Arm and Upper Control Arm) for less than the price of the BMR Kit.
Old 12-12-2013, 11:06 AM
On The Tree

How much is the kit for the all the rear urethane bushings? Also what stiffness should I get?

Is the pinion brace needed after putting in all urethane bushings?
Old 12-12-2013, 11:13 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How much is the kit for the all the rear urethane bushings? Also what stiffness should I get?

If you want to eliminate wheel hop then I suggest the 95A bushings for the cradle, diff, and trailing arms. I would personally go with 95A for the control arms too but I don't mind feeling the road a little more. If you are concerned with noise and vibration then I suggest 80A for the control arms. You may hear a little more road noise with the 95A cradle, diff, and trailing arms bushings but most people say its minor and its nothing to be concerned about.
Old 12-12-2013, 11:17 AM
Staging Lane

Edit: ^ Revshift beat me to it....

Its not a kit but individual sets of bushings you order but IIRC it was like $297 for all of it after the discount when I put it in the cart earlier since I was looking at what to friviolously blow my xmas bonus on. Lol. You can do the pinion brace for some added peace of mind but many V owners have been more than happy with just cradle and diff bushings.

The red 95a bushings would be my recommendation but that is just me. I learned my lesson years ago on my M3 and went with softer bushings that left some room to be desired and I ended up spending way more to convert it all over to the hardest urethane or delrin later on. The amount of noise transmitted by the harder urethane is marginal at best, if the extra noise is a bother search for FuzzyLogic's thread on Damplifier Pro and do that or just put some big boy pants on and enjoy driving a performance vehicle that makes noise lol.
Old 12-12-2013, 01:27 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Revshift
If you want to eliminate wheel hop then I suggest the 95A bushings for the cradle, diff, and trailing arms. I would personally go with 95A for the control arms too but I don't mind feeling the road a little more. If you are concerned with noise and vibration then I suggest 80A for the control arms. You may hear a little more road noise with the 95A cradle, diff, and trailing arms bushings but most people say its minor and its nothing to be concerned about.
Originally Posted by StretchASU
Edit: ^ Revshift beat me to it....

Its not a kit but individual sets of bushings you order but IIRC it was like $297 for all of it after the discount when I put it in the cart earlier since I was looking at what to friviolously blow my xmas bonus on. Lol. You can do the pinion brace for some added peace of mind but many V owners have been more than happy with just cradle and diff bushings.

The red 95a bushings would be my recommendation but that is just me. I learned my lesson years ago on my M3 and went with softer bushings that left some room to be desired and I ended up spending way more to convert it all over to the hardest urethane or delrin later on. The amount of noise transmitted by the harder urethane is marginal at best, if the extra noise is a bother search for FuzzyLogic's thread on Damplifier Pro and do that or just put some big boy pants on and enjoy driving a performance vehicle that makes noise lol.
Thanks for all of the info. Spoke with my guy, I'm going to order the Revshift rear cradle bushing and differential mount, in the 95 (I'm not concerned about road noise, my neighbors, on the other hand, are not exactly fond of a start-ups before 9 am).
Old 12-12-2013, 01:33 PM
On The Tree

Any discount codes available?
Old 12-12-2013, 01:36 PM
Launching!

Just a few posts down. 15% off.

xmas2013

Quick Reply: BMR anti wheel hop kit and front diff bushing?