Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

New part and New problem... any help?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2013, 10:29 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New part and New problem... any help?

I recently blew out the slave on my 98 ls1 t56. While replacing it I went ahead and replaced the clutch, and flywheel, as well as going with the tick master and speed bleeder as well. Now that everything is back together, my new problem is the car pops out of gear as the clutch engages. Specifically 1st, 3rd, and reverse. The car has a B&M shifter that was installed already when I bought it (didn't realize this until the teardown) and was wondering if that may have something to do with it. I wasn't having this issue before the repair so any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading.
Old 12-15-2013, 11:25 AM
jmd
TECH Addict

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

All those gears are "forward" on the shifter.
Check your shifter stops and re-set them, including the one for 2,4,6.
While the shifter is located well enough by the 4 shifter bolts, it could have moved aft just enough to cause this, especially if you removed it for the work.
Old 12-15-2013, 02:05 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jmd
All those gears are "forward" on the shifter.
Check your shifter stops and re-set them, including the one for 2,4,6.
While the shifter is located well enough by the 4 shifter bolts, it could have moved aft just enough to cause this, especially if you removed it for the work.
I don't mean to sound stupid, but I literally did this job by following a "how to" that someone else posted on here. With no problems, thanks by the way. So, any chance you could explain how to do this jmd? I would greatly appreciate it.

Quick Reply: New part and New problem... any help?