Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

5.3 turbo questions, in a mustang that is

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2013, 08:05 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Arrow 5.3 turbo questions, in a mustang that is

Hey guys well after riding in a buddys 5.3-lx swap ive been heavily persuaded to do an LS swap mustang. I bought a previously built 96 SN95 drag roller for 1000.00! I know some about the ls engines so im not completely clueless. Anyways on to the important stuff......

I currently have a 96-04 UPR complete tubular k member kit with coil overs and a arms to install in the roller. UPR sells the adapter plates cheap. I have a FTI th350 and plan on getting a good convertor as well. I really like the simplicity of a carb setup so i plan on staying with the blow thru setup. Im really looking into doing the truck header setup since so many people have really done good setups with them.

What steel bends do i need to make the headers? I have a nice mig welder so i will be making the hostide myself. I have looked at alot of DENMAHS post and am pretty sure im going to buy the "denmah" kit from VSRACING. I do have a few questions before i start the build...

I have a 120k 5.3 with 862 heads i picked up for 500.00 intake to pan. Will the stock manifolds off the 5.3 work okay or should i buy different ones like off a 6.0 or bigger engine? is the LS6 cam and PAC springs the best way to go?

IS it a must to do an intercooler? i dont have E85 here just 93 pump... Ive seen quite a few ppl without intercoolers in the thread but cannot tell if they are using meth/alcohol injection... If you are NOT using an intercooler just turbo straight too intake, please chime in!!!

Any info, ideas, or questions are greatly appreciated!
Old 12-24-2013, 12:22 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The stock manis flipped will be fine.
Get an intercooler. There cheap

Quick Reply: 5.3 turbo questions, in a mustang that is