Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whats wrong??

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2014, 11:23 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats wrong??

Ok so for starters I don't know if this is the right place to ask this but here gose nothing. I put a LS6 intake, 28.8 Injectors, Ported TB, Longtubes and a Y pipe on the car also deleted the cats, did all this and then the car sat for 3 weeks due to work and well just life in general. So today I figure I got the day off ill fire her up. car seems to struggle to idle and the door dinger is dull not crisp and the lights wont shut off even tho the key is out??? so my question is what in the HELL could I have done for the car to do this? any ideas are GREATFULLY APPREACIATED thanks
Old 01-14-2014, 11:28 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sounds like the battery is dead. wheres your voltage at? and is your car tuned or the larger injecters? that will make it run like *** and wash out your cylinders also, not good.
Old 01-14-2014, 11:40 PM
Teching In

No the car has not has not been tuned, I just finished up the bolt ons before the cam springs and pushrods. Also I honestly didn't pay any attention to the voltage but it didn't bog down any when I went to start it.
Old 01-15-2014, 01:08 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 98Z28NMB21
No the car has not has not been tuned, I just finished up the bolt ons before the cam springs and pushrods. Also I honestly didn't pay any attention to the voltage but it didn't bog down any when I went to start it.
Check the voltage, thatll make some funky things happen if thats the case. Either throw a set of jumpers on it or best scenario a charger. does it smell like gas? the tune could be the main problem along with low voltage. I would check the few things that make an engine run. Fuel, Air, then Spark. Pull a plug and check it to see if it is fowling out, check fuel pressure, if it is low again that could be from the battery having low voltage. Just check those things and look,listen, feel, and smell. that can tell you alot about how the car is running. hope you figure it out, best of luck!
Old 01-15-2014, 11:40 AM
Teching In

well I fired it up again and it dose smell like gas, so I took a look under the engine bay and the fuel line is leaking too!! Right at the quick disconnect on the line and fuel rail meet, car dose idle a little better but I still can't figure out the lights and the dinger. Voltage is low but to me not low enough for it to act all Bat **** crazy?? This is only my second build but I feel like a monkey tryin to F@#k a football lol. Im gonna hook up my Charger up to it and try again in a few hours. Also thanks for the replies.
Old 01-16-2014, 09:28 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Bad ground or short somewhere &/or low voltage. Also, you must get it tuned for the mods including turning off the rear 02 sensors & any MIL codes caused from deleting the cats.

Injectors, long tubes & deleting cats are gonna make the PCM psycho without tuning.
Old 01-17-2014, 12:41 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 98Z28NMB21
well I fired it up again and it dose smell like gas, so I took a look under the engine bay and the fuel line is leaking too!! Right at the quick disconnect on the line and fuel rail meet, car dose idle a little better but I still can't figure out the lights and the dinger. Voltage is low but to me not low enough for it to act all Bat **** crazy?? This is only my second build but I feel like a monkey tryin to F@#k a football lol. Im gonna hook up my Charger up to it and try again in a few hours. Also thanks for the replies.
If you have a voltmeter, check the volts directly from the battery. Now the fuel leak, did you fix it? if not it might be as simple as pulling it back off then pushing it straight back on. If the Volts are good like 12 and up then start checking grounds. There are grounds that mount on the back of the heads and some from the chassis to the engine itself. Check fuses maybe something else is wrong. Just rule out the obvious, if there is nothingthat pops out then start checking stuff that you may have touched during the build. Hope this helps! keep us up to date
Old 02-13-2014, 10:59 AM
Teching In

SHES ALIVE!! lol sorry for the late reply but shes running now, it was a combo of a ground off the block and the driver side front o2 sensor came unplugged, as for the fuel leak I just took the line off and re-inserted it of the fuel rail, turned the fuel pump and presto. No fuel leak, thanks everyone for the help.
Old 02-13-2014, 12:20 PM

I'm pretty sure it's a battery problem. check and make sure the terminals are tight. Also did you remove any of the ground wires while working on it? Check for that also.

Quick Reply: Whats wrong??