Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Keep vette filter with Aeromotive regulator?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2014, 03:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 41 Likes on 20 Posts

Default Keep vette filter with Aeromotive regulator?

I'm doing a mid mount GT45 on my 5.3 4l80e swapped s10. Right now I'm just running the vette filter up to a set of returnless Holley LSX fuel rails. Once I upgrade my fuel pump to the Walbro 400 and order my aeromotive regulator what exactly needs to be changed? Do I ditch the vette filter and run line straight to the aeromotive regulator? Do I have to run a return line to the regulator or the rail? I'd like to keep it as simple as possible.
Old 01-26-2014, 03:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You need to ditch the vette filter if you want to use the aeromotive. You'd have two regulators and the aeromotive would never get more than the vette filter will allow.....58 psi.

You must run a return line with the aeromotive and you need to install a filter.

Last edited by Exidous; 01-26-2014 at 04:00 PM.
Old 01-26-2014, 05:03 PM
TECH Resident

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

The new bypass type pressure regulator is like a controlled leak. When the pressure gets to where it should be, the valve opens and allows the fuel to "leak" past the valve. It maintains pressure between the pump and the regulator. The "leaked" fuel needs a return line back to the fuel tank.

As said above, get rid of the Corvette filter/regulator, and install just a filter.

You install the new pressure regulator after the fuel rails. Some people like to mount it to the end of the fuel rail, where you have your pressure gauge. I prefer to mount it somewhere off the engine, so it doesn't get so much vibration.
Old 01-26-2014, 06:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 41 Likes on 20 Posts

Do you guys mind linking me to the exact regulator I'll need?. Also is it fine just having both rails being fed through the driver side Rail, with the crossover on the rear.
Old 01-30-2014, 12:01 AM
TECH Resident

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

I like Aeromotive parts. I'v been using them for years.

http://aeromotiveinc.com/products-pa...fi-regulators/

I'd seriously consider this one: http://aeromotiveinc.com/products-pa...efi-regulator/

Quick Reply: Keep vette filter with Aeromotive regulator?