General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Fuel pump bucket too big to get out of the gas tank. aHHHHJJ!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2014, 02:32 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel pump bucket too big to get out of the gas tank. aHHHHJJ!!!!!!

Sorry to make a new thread about this that seems so trivial but it seems impossible to get this fuel pump out b/c the bucket is just a fraction too big to fit through the opening in the gas tank. I don't want to break anything but i have twisted and pulled and fought this thing longer than should be. Any tips or tricks?
Old 01-28-2014, 02:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

haha.....trust me it will come out. You may have to use a screw driver to gently pry around the edges but it will come out. should just pull right out, all the ones I have done have never been a issue. It might be a aftermarket bucket that is a tad bit bigger, but it will still come out
Old 01-28-2014, 07:48 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If it went in then it will come out.. Stay calm and keep trying. Its a pain sometimes but will come out.
Old 01-29-2014, 12:53 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's not coming out, but i did get the top portion out with the fuel pump. There were two tabs on either side of the bucket to release the top part. I don't know what it is but maybe it is an aftermarket piece. My fuel pump isn't in yet but i should be able to get everything hooked back up alright.
Old 01-29-2014, 09:41 AM
TECH Addict

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts

Take some pictures....I never had any trouble removing any. Maybe its damaged in some way that's caused it to interfere with coming out.
Old 02-03-2014, 12:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I changed mine a couple of weeks ago.I twisted and turned mine and it would not come out.I finally used a screwdriver and carefully pryed it in a couple of spots and it finally came out. It did take some effort,but I finally got it out.I was a little frustrated.Take a deep breath and take your time.It will come out.

Quick Reply: Fuel pump bucket too big to get out of the gas tank. aHHHHJJ!!!!!!