Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 seats in 68 camaro?..

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2014, 02:12 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 seats in 68 camaro?..

Curious if anyone has done this. If so how well do they fit? Also will the back one fit? If anyone knows where a nice set for sale is I'm interested..
Old 02-01-2014, 04:30 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Camaro Jearmy
Curious if anyone has done this. If so how well do they fit? Also will the back one fit? If anyone knows where a nice set for sale is I'm interested..
I bought a set of 2010 Camaro seats for my '65 Impala. Anything can be made to fit with a little work, and it'll be a lot less work for you since you have a smaller back seat in your car. The fronts are just 4 bolts, like any seat. You may or may not need to put a few spacers in to get them up off the floor (my floor is uneven and not flat enough just to bolt the seats down to it)

The rear has a latch on it to keep it upright. Can be folded down if ever needed. I was able to drill holes in the rear floor to bolt in the upper part of the seat, and I made a little metal bracket that I welded to the sheet metal behind the seat. The latch catches on the bracket, and it stays put. Have not put the lower seat part in yet.
Old 02-01-2014, 07:11 PM
Launching!

They r pretty big. Make sure you get as close to floor if possible. There is nothing worse than seats that sit up too much and your head is in the ceiling. I've got 4 th gen t/a seats in my 69 and they are barely low enough They have headrest so they don't look tall and doofy
Old 02-01-2014, 08:34 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by hifi875
They r pretty big. Make sure you get as close to floor if possible. There is nothing worse than seats that sit up too much and your head is in the ceiling. I've got 4 th gen t/a seats in my 69 and they are barely low enough They have headrest so they don't look tall and doofy
Nice.. I'm sure hoping they'll workout ok. Is there much of a height difference between yours and the 5th Gen seats?

Quick Reply: 2010 seats in 68 camaro?..