Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

2013 Subaru BRZ w/LS2/T56 Swap

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2014, 08:13 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2013 Subaru BRZ w/LS2/T56 Swap

Year: 2013
Make: Subaru
Model: BRZ
Price: $50000
Mileage: 1400
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): CT
Color: Gray
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive

Hello everyone, it's time to move on to the next project, so up for sale is my Subaru BRZ that I worked with WGP on to prototype. If it doesn't sell between now an TX2k14, you may see it roaming the streets down there My next project is also LS based, so I've got a couple options for the buyer listed below. Car was featured on lsx-tv here
Link to a recent dyno pull, put down

2013 Subaru BRZ Limited Dark Gray Metallic appx 1400 miles total, 1200 on the swap
Here are the three possible configurations:
"BRZ06 All In" Turn Key Set Up - $50,000
Drivetrain:
-Koyorad radiator w/twin mishimoto fan upgrade
-WGP custom engine, trans subframes w/custom drive shaft
-WGP full exhaust featuring JBL shorty headers & Full Blown BRZ catback
-WGP/ECS LS/BRZ wiring harness
-LS2/T56 from 06 GTO w/DBW set up
-LS2 built with Manley Pistons, Eagle Rods, ARP2000 rod bolts, & Comp 228 cam
-Custom WGP tune w/HPTuners

Chassis:
-Cusco front strut tower brace
-Cusco rear adjustable control arms
-Cusco differential brace
-KW Variant 3 coilovers
-Front & Rear Stoptech Big Brake Kit w/355mm front rotors
-Enkei Raijin 18x8.5 in front, 18x9.5 in rear with potenzas in 245/285's

"BRZ06 Bring Your Own Engine" - $40,000
-Same as "All In" without LS2/T56
-Allows buyer the option to select their own engine set up while having a proper chassis set up and swap hardware ready to go!

"BRZ06 Have It Your Way" - $32,000
-Same as "BYOE" without brake kit, coilovers, or wheels (stock hardware installed)
-Allows buyer to have a fully integrated, ready to roll car just waiting for their drive train selection and a clean slate for setting up the chassis.

The car is available and ready to roll! Located in Cromwell, CT. It can be set up to any of the selected options pretty quickly. Letting the buyer select their own locally sourced engine/trans allows international buyers flexibility! Everything in life is negotiable, so let's make a deal!

Thanks for looking! PM me any questions!
-Brian
Attached Thumbnails 2013 Subaru BRZ w/LS2/T56 Swap-wgp-subaru-brz-9.jpg   2013 Subaru BRZ w/LS2/T56 Swap-wgp-subaru-brz-4.jpg   2013 Subaru BRZ w/LS2/T56 Swap-wgp-subaru-brz-8.jpg   2013 Subaru BRZ w/LS2/T56 Swap-wgp-subaru-brz-5.jpg  

Last edited by Shigma2k2; 02-03-2014 at 08:39 PM. Reason: Updating details
Old 02-03-2014, 08:33 PM
Launching!

I like this swap.

free bump
Old 02-03-2014, 08:40 PM
On The Tree

ive been watching this since day one. Bad *** little car for sure
Old 02-03-2014, 11:00 PM
Staging Lane

You want 50.000$ for a brz? are you high on crack? This is a glorified miata swap
Old 02-04-2014, 07:23 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by skanknova
You want 50.000$ for a brz? are you high on crack? This is a glorified miata swap
Go buy a brand new BRZ, LS2, T56, accessories, and have a machine fab/install everything to get it working. I personally think $50k is a little high, but it's his starting price and i'm sure he's ready to negotiate.
Old 02-04-2014, 07:36 AM
Teching In

Thanks for the feedback guys! Everything in life is negotiable, that's why I put up some different options, and I'm open to working with a serious buyer to set up the car to suit their needs and budget. If that buyer would prefer a ls1 and stock suspension/brakes, that can bring the price down significantly and still be a ton of fun! 300-400 rwhp in a ~3000lb car? I'm sure people think I'm on crack with the big grin I have while driving it.
Old 02-04-2014, 08:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think these cars are awesome and wanted to see this done! Nice!!
Old 02-04-2014, 08:39 AM
On The Tree

My Mom has a BZR. Its probably one of my favorite cars I have ever driven even stock. With 200 hp its a blast I could not imagine it with a LS motor in it. They handle like they are on rails even with the tiny stock tires.
Old 02-04-2014, 12:33 PM
Teching In

I see this as more of a do it because I can swap rather than a practical one. $50k will buy you a low mileage z06 or gs, with plenty of money left over for a supercharger or tt setup, including supporting mods.

One question: why did you go with an LS2 instead of a 3, 6, or 7? They are all considered superior to the 2.
Old 02-04-2014, 02:10 PM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Do all the accessories work? AC/Heater...etc?

Does it have the stock BRZ Diff?

What does the interior look like? How did the shifter and console come out.
Old 02-04-2014, 05:24 PM
Teching In

Haha you're asking an age old question, why does anyone do anything to cars? I test drove the BRZ, liked the chassis, the handling, and the look, but it certainly was underpowered... Problem solved!

In terms of the motor choice, I wanted the larger displacement of the ls2 and the ls3 and 7 were more than I wanted to pay. It ended up having a spun bearing so we built it. The built motor isn't really being put to good use as-is unless nitrous or a turbo/supercharger is put on (which is why I wouldn't be upset about putting in a different engine for the buyer, I could put that built LS2 to good use in my next project )

The rear is stock, it is similar to toyota's other RWD diffs (IS250 etc). It certainly hasn't been an issue so far for street use, I'm sure if someone wanted to turn it into a drag car it'd be an early upgrade.

The heat & AC are both plumbed and work as does the power steering. The interior and center console are stock. We added an oil pressure gauge and wideband gauge in a prime motoring cluster. The swap kit spaced the shifter perfectly in the console.

On a more interesting note.. WGP has mentioned using this same kit as a basis for a 2JZ swap. PM me for details, I'm sure the buyer and I could work out a deal with them.

Quick Reply: 2013 Subaru BRZ w/LS2/T56 Swap