Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Motor build Help! need opinions

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2014, 03:46 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Motor build Help! need opinions

Ok guys im in the process of building my top end on my 97 C5 M6
Ive come down to two choices on cam. 228R like I had in my last car or possibly going a little smaller and going with a 224. I also plan on a 100 shot down the road.
My car is Daily driven. I commute with it, my only complaint with my 228 was the gassy smell at idle so im trying to avoid that.
My main question though is with my heads. I recently was given a set of 241's which I intend to have hand ported and then milled as well.

I know that 243's are better but im not trying to break records here and its nice that I can drive my car still and get the 241's worked on prior to install.
So how much can I mill? I know I wont be going larger than around a 230 duration cam for a fact.

So lets take the 228 for this example. how much could I mill the head to bump compression? what head gasket should I use? at what point would I have problems with the intake sealing up? how much compression can I safely get? Currently I just run 91 (best available in my area) and I have 29 degrees of timing with no knock.. What would you guys do?
Old 02-09-2014, 09:45 AM
TECH Regular

nobody?????
Old 02-11-2014, 10:23 AM
TECH Regular

No help on this?

Quick Reply: Motor build Help! need opinions