Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

tick remote bleeder was worth every bit of $50 or I did something wrong

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2014, 05:07 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tick remote bleeder was worth every bit of $50 or I did something wrong

I Just install a new monster stage 2 clutch and tick master with the remote bleeder , I did a bullshit bench bleed on the floor in the drive way by my self and installed the master . Today i got home from work and add fluid to the master and opened the bleeder did a few pumps , added fluid did a few more pumps added more fluid , did a few more pumps with no air bubbles so i closed the line up ! my question is ....??

How do i know if it worked I cant drive it yet because i have so many other projects going on the car at the same time right now so is there a way to see if it works or do i just have to wait until i can drive it ? plus how hard should the peddle feel ?

Last edited by wavebyby; 03-19-2014 at 08:50 AM.
Old 03-17-2014, 05:09 PM
On The Tree

If this worked out and everything is all good then that remote bleeder was worth every penny !!!! If you don't have it , get it !!!
Old 03-17-2014, 05:48 PM
On The Tree

No one ??
Old 03-17-2014, 05:58 PM
TECH Regular

i installed one on my vette and loved it, bleed the clutch and brakes (speed bleeders on calipers as well) all by lonesome. you should bleed it until theres no longer any bubbles in the line/coming out and pedal should feel the same pressure throughout the throw of the clutch not soft then firm (compressing air). i dont know how it is on the Fbodies but i would have to drop the trans to bleed the clutch until i installed this the last time i took apart the driveline.
Old 03-17-2014, 06:20 PM
On The Tree

the hole job bleeding the clutch took me like five mins , I read all these people doing it for weeks , days , hours so im thinking that maybe i did it wrong since it took me five mins and i have no clue how to do it
Old 03-17-2014, 06:46 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Definitely can save some headache and worth it, reason we install one with every clutch we put in.
Old 03-17-2014, 07:19 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SNLPerformance
Definitely can save some headache and worth it, reason we install one with every clutch we put in.

I hope that its right should know soon enough ...If i have to bleed it again the bleeder is right near the fill so it wont be that hard . I love the speed bleeder already tho you just crack it open and pump away !! I also bought this bleeder bottle kit from harbor freight for $5 well worth it also once it fills up half way i know its time to fill up the master with more fluid ....
Old 03-17-2014, 07:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I strapped my tick speed bleeder right into the clutch reservoir. I first made sure no trash came out, so it never went empty.Then once I was finished, I re attached it. I even used a 2nd person to make sure the check valve did hold like it's suppose to. Once I finished, I kept it attached under the hood. It made life so much easier when doing maint by yourself.
Old 03-17-2014, 08:57 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by sleepinghawk
I strapped my tick speed bleeder right into the clutch reservoir. I first made sure no trash came out, so it never went empty.Then once I was finished, I re attached it. I even used a 2nd person to make sure the check valve did hold like it's suppose to. Once I finished, I kept it attached under the hood. It made life so much easier when doing maint by yourself.
hell yea
Old 03-18-2014, 11:31 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The bleeding doesn't take long when you do it correctly, I believe most issues stem from two people trying to work together simultaneously. When you can control it all makes it easy.

If you bled correctly you will have full pedal feel, any air bubbles and your clutch with have loose feeling in it on the way down or up
Old 03-19-2014, 08:48 AM
On The Tree

my pedal feels like the only pressure it has is moving the master arm in and out is that normal ?
Old 03-20-2014, 02:08 AM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

With air in the system the pedal would not have a full rebound back from the floor after you pressed it down.

Bench bleeding is primarily done for the master cylinder to be primed prior to installation, so after you install you just need to get the small amount of air out of the slave.

Quick Reply: tick remote bleeder was worth every bit of $50 or I did something wrong