PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How will engine respond to larger injectors?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2004, 10:27 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default How will engine respond to larger injectors?

I'm going to a larger displacement 403 engine,but want to install my larger injectors on my present 5.3 before I sent the truck to my mechanic to install the engine.Will the 5.3 be drivable with big 57lb injectors,then he can move the Magnachager complete with rails and injectors to the new motor,I'd like to have at least a partial tune for the new motor when it fires up.Thanks whitt1
Old 05-18-2004, 01:57 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by whitt1
I'm going to a larger displacement 403 engine,but want to install my larger injectors on my present 5.3 before I sent the truck to my mechanic to install the engine.Will the 5.3 be drivable with big 57lb injectors,then he can move the Magnachager complete with rails and injectors to the new motor,I'd like to have at least a partial tune for the new motor when it fires up.Thanks whitt1
Itl run pretty rich. Id do the injectors when you do the motor and the tuning.
Old 05-18-2004, 03:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i'm not sure what size injectors are on the 5.3 stock... but I'd say it will not be drivable....

I put 42 lb injectors in my car (from stock 26lb) and sucker was running so pig rich that it wouldn't rev past about 2500 ... it wouldn't hold idle... but sure sounded cool I had to immediately tune it in order to drive it outta my garage