Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Is there a diy for replacing front 02 sensors around here? car is a c5 z06 (ls6)

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2014, 03:07 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is there a diy for replacing front 02 sensors around here? car is a c5 z06 (ls6)

Im somwhat mechanicly incline and would like to tackle this job myself instead of bringing it to the shop but ive never attempted doing this before on none of the cars ive owned I tried searching but couldn't find anything and would like to know if anyone knows if there's a DIY guide around here? Link to it plz?..I have lg lt headers and believe both my front 02 sensors need to be swapped out because they are old and dont know when the last time they've been changed.any tips on hiw to do it?.my car is throwing all types of codes related to the 02 sensors and my car is not running to good all of a sudden.heres the codes im getting.

Car is a 2002 z06 with lg lt headers
Attached Thumbnails Is there a diy for replacing front 02 sensors around here? car is a c5 z06 (ls6)-screenshot_2014-04-26-21-00-39.jpg  
Old 04-27-2014, 07:47 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 70 Likes on 62 Posts

From the looks of the codes, you need to t/s the circuitry before you start throwing parts at it.
Appears there's some power issues. Check the fuses, connectors, etc.
Old 04-29-2014, 06:03 PM
Staging Lane

sorry for the late response but it is my 02sensor heater fuse that keeps blowing..sometimes the fuse will last a few days and sometimes a few weeks but it'll eventually blow..I figured ill go head and swap both 02sensors since my car has 100k miles on it, I brought the car when it had 70k miles on it and im not sure if the previous owner ever changed them out.
When I brought the car he had a ****** tune on it and had it where the CEL light was turned off.i had my tuner retune it (long distance tuner and we tune via Email) .He clean the old tune up and had it running well but he told me the 02sensors weren't switching correctly (or something like that) and he told me to buy new 02sensors and see if I can trace the wires to see why the fuse keeps blowing.

That's why I wanted to swap out my 02sensors and while I was at it I was going to see if any of the wires thats related to the 02 sensors leading up to the pcm were messed up..

Judgeing from the picture of the 02sensors location, it seems like I have little to no room to trace the wires back to where ever they go to without removing the headers and that might be out my league with my jackstands..
Old 04-30-2014, 10:35 AM
Staging Lane

I just droped it off at my mechanic. .he said the 02sensors wires are burnt due to them rubbing against the headers. He's gonna fix the problem for me

Quick Reply: Is there a diy for replacing front 02 sensors around here? car is a c5 z06 (ls6)