Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

New Racetronix FPA-001A Low (22) PSI

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2014, 08:30 PM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Default New Racetronix FPA-001A Low (22) PSI

I installed a new Racetronix fuel pump in my 2000 Firehawk today. It was just an upgrade for insurance and maybe later a small shot. Anyway I have installed several of these pumps in customers cars and a few of my own with great results. Today didn't so well. The new pump was installed with a fairly new module along with a Casper's hotwire kit. It produced 22psi at idle. I wasn't sure about Racetronix warranty and I need the car to move around so I put the original pump/module back in for now and it's right back to 58psi. So I am pretty sure it's not the Casper's hotwire kit. I have not ever found a bad regulator but the WS6 store tells me pumps are rarely the problem. I just don't want to pull the damn tank out 5of times for a $150 fuel pump. Any ideas, thanks.
Old 04-07-2014, 07:34 AM
TECH Resident

No ideas? I think I may install this pump with another module that is in a parts car I have that still runs. I was just hopi g for a guru to shoot out "hey stupid you for got such and such".
Old 04-07-2014, 07:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check for internal leaking, loose hose clamp. What hose did you use to connect the pump to the module. I would not use any thing but the nylon OEM tube.
http://www.racetronix.biz/items.asp?...atus=0&Tp=&Bc=
Old 04-07-2014, 01:41 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Ollie8974
Check for internal leaking, loose hose clamp. What hose did you use to connect the pump to the module. I would not use any thing but the nylon OEM tube.
http://www.racetronix.biz/items.asp?...atus=0&Tp=&Bc=
I used the o.e. style hose that comes already attached to the pump. I have a few extras from installs on customer cars so I think I will try a different module. I just don't have time right now. I hope the warranty on this pump doesn't expire before I have a chance to try it.

Good to know the different lengths are available, thanks. Do they sell the little bitty hose that keeps the module full?
Old 04-08-2014, 08:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Yes, they have the Venture hose. although I have not bee able to find a listing.
If you find a listing post the link.
Linnie mentioned in one of his post, he has them.
Old 04-08-2014, 03:42 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by codyvette
I installed a new Racetronix fuel pump in my 2000 Firehawk today. It was just an upgrade for insurance and maybe later a small shot. Anyway I have installed several of these pumps in customers cars and a few of my own with great results. Today didn't so well. The new pump was installed with a fairly new module along with a Casper's hotwire kit. It produced 22psi at idle. I wasn't sure about Racetronix warranty and I need the car to move around so I put the original pump/module back in for now and it's right back to 58psi. So I am pretty sure it's not the Casper's hotwire kit. I have not ever found a bad regulator but the WS6 store tells me pumps are rarely the problem. I just don't want to pull the damn tank out 5of times for a $150 fuel pump. Any ideas, thanks.
Did you register on our support forum?

Manufacturer / Distributor of Automotive Fuel Systems, Components & Electronics

Please support a Racetronix dealer near you for personalized service.

>WEB SITE<
Old 04-09-2014, 02:22 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Racetronix
Did you register on our support forum?
Yes sir. Last I checked I was waiting for some kind of approval. While your design is great for obvious reasons I don't believe you should be without a business phone for customers to be able to call. It is an inconvenience to your customers. It is not a deal breaker by any means because I have yet to find someone else with as good of a design. By that I mean the little hose that fills the stock module so it does not have to be cut. I hope to get the time to try this pump in another proven module before the warranty is up but this is my hobby car and my customer cars come first.
Old 04-27-2014, 08:44 AM
TECH Resident

Well the regulator ended up being a leaker. The car is fixed but Raceteonix's customer service stinks.
Old 04-30-2014, 11:30 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by codyvette
Well the regulator ended up being a leaker. The car is fixed but Raceteonix's customer service stinks.
Everyone should remember this when they are shopping all over hell's half acre for the absolute lowest of low prices. It costs money to man a support department and with the cutthroat climate in autoparts (hell, in everything) companies have a difficult time providing the bargain basement prices customers demand and flawless customer support.

Quick Reply: New Racetronix FPA-001A Low (22) PSI