Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Turbo brand and size selection

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2014, 09:54 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo brand and size selection

Hey guys

It's time to seriously start thinking about turbo selection. I'm building a 62 chevyII with a low mile 4.8. I have the motor mocked up in the engine bay. I think I want to go twins as its pretty tight in there and I think 2 small turbos would fit better than one big signal. I also prefer the look of twins. I'm looking to make 600whp and have them light off really quick as this is going to be a street car. My question to you guys is 1-what is the optimal size turbos, wastegates and BOV to achieve my goal? 2- what is a good bang for your buck brand to go with for the components listed above? I want to be able to install them with piece of mind that I have a quality well made product and shouldn't have to worry about as long as thy are installed correctly and if there is a problem there will be some support.

I almost fell victim to the cheap ebay turbos but snapped out of it and came to me senses lol. I was maybe looking at a pair of turbonetics 60 series maybe but if you guys know of something more cost effective with similar quality that would be cool

Thanks in advance guys and let me know if you need any other info.

Quick Reply: Turbo brand and size selection