Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Best Place to buy online?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2004, 11:19 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Place to buy online?

I know of crutchfield but they seemed sooooooo over priced... Anyone know of anything with great service and price?
Old 05-19-2004, 11:51 AM
TECH Veteran

Try Bestbuy they sell good stuff.
Old 05-19-2004, 12:03 PM
Launching!

I buy from ebay now, because you can find the lowest prices there. Crutchfield has top notch service, though. When you buy a H/U you get the harness, antenna adapter, and the install kit included, along with a diagram of how to disassemble your vehicle. Very nice for a first time installer.
Old 05-19-2004, 12:21 PM
Staging Lane

I did the alpine sps170a door speaker mod, ordered through warehouse matrix, had the speakers in 3 days, paid 1/2 of retail (incl shipping) 67.00 total. One thing I heard about them, though, is that if you need customer service, good luck. The bottom line, if you know what you want, it's the cheapest.
Old 05-19-2004, 12:25 PM
Back in the staging lane

Yeah, like PFD said, Crutchfield gives great service and you get all the install accessories that you might have to buy otherwise. If this isn't a custom install, they're not a buy place to buy from; especially for head units. If you don't need all that, www.thezeb.com is a good place to go; free shipping on everything.
Old 05-20-2004, 02:01 PM
Staging Lane

www.usacaraudio.com
Old 05-20-2004, 04:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

Ive bought from www.mmxpress.com alot, great CS and good prices/deals
Old 05-21-2004, 02:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

MMXpress and thezeb are nice, I have used them both.
There is also some mainstreet audio, I forgot there link.
Sounddomain is moderate, but chances are they are going to be around awhile.
Old 05-22-2004, 01:27 AM
Staging Lane

cbrstereo.com is the cheapest ive found also try ikesound.com matrixcaraudio.com wholesalesounds.com bsless.com wooferetc.com thats all i can think of right now
Old 05-22-2004, 04:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by manoso84
cbrstereo.com is the cheapest ive found also try ikesound.com matrixcaraudio.com wholesalesounds.com bsless.com wooferetc.com thats all i can think of right now
Ikesound is good, I forgot all about the.
Old 05-22-2004, 10:33 AM
TECH Senior Member

ikesound.com
Old 06-01-2004, 10:40 AM
Staging Lane

i've heard from a few people that Etronics.com is good with prices too and fast shipping. Another thing to do is go to Pricegrabber.com and type in what your looking for and it looks for you, kinda nice......
Old 06-01-2004, 02:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are many great prices on eBay, and others such as ikesound.com are great but there can be a catch. Most of the sellers, especially on eBay, are not authorized retailers of the products they sell. This means that all factory warranties are void and if anything goes wrong with the products down the line, you’re pretty much screwed. A friend of mine has had some difficulties with this, the company he bought from offered their own warranty but they were impossible to deal with, and he never did get anything fixed/replaced. Best bet is to only deal with authorized retailers, this might mean you pay a little more, but I always like to be safe. If you really shop around, you can find what you’re looking for on eBay or wherever else from sellers that are authorized retailers and still offer their products at a great price. My $.02
Old 06-02-2004, 09:18 AM
On The Tree

Good luck, and hopefully you you stuff doesnt crap out any time soon, cuz it isn't going to have any kind of warranty. I friend of mine's JL 300/2 crapped out yesterday, and he got it off the internet, he had it all of 3 months, now it going to cost him more to fix it than, he saved and it's going to take 3 weeks to get it back. Another guy came in to the shop with a brand new punch 1000bd and 2 12's, stamped really big on the box saying these have no warranty, will guess what the amp was broke out of the box. Buy from your local dealers please.
Old 06-03-2004, 12:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep, you can get burnt pretty badly.

I am really curious as to where all these people selling on eBay etc. get their products from. If their not retailers they aren’t dealing with the manufacturer, and from some personal business experience, when you buy from authorized wholesalers you are still able to offer your customers factory warranty’s, but maybe electronics are different. Who knows. My rule has always been, get a written warranty, and if it sounds too good to be true, it ALWAYS is. Up to $.04 now.

Does anybody know if any of our LS1Tech sponsors sell electronics?