Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Build up and Great Experience with TTP & Absolute Speed

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2004, 05:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default My Build up and Great Experience with TTP & Absolute Speed

I know there are other forums for this kindof conversation but nobody goes there and i wanted to make sure people knew what kind of offer was thrown my way this week.

I ordered a brand new LS6 block and Lunati Rotating assembly through TTP. When they started working on the block last week, they knew that i had to have the car before the Atlanta Fbody gathering and it had to make the power that i was paying for. For heads, the only person that came to mind was Jay at Absolute Speed. Ill tell you my story about this first. Jay did a great job on my heads, the intake flow #'s were exactly what i was looking for hitting 317 CFM at .600 lift and 307 at .550 with 296 @ .500. Mid lift and low lift were just as impressive. About a week after i got my heads, Jays new CNC program came out. My heads had not yet been bolted onto the block that was not yet under construction last week. Jay however has managed to get even better #'s out of his new design. Talking to another board member here who is Friends with Jay about the new design, Jay volunteered to do the upgrades to my already assembled heads to try to squeeze the extra CFM out of them. I couldnt take his offer because of my deadline, even though he said he could do them in 1 day. Not to mention, free of charge. So thanks Jay for the great offer, i will definetly be coming back to you when the Horsepower bug bites again soon. Now for TTP. When beginning to build the block last week, they noticed that a ring was missing in the set up. They called a few shops and lunati and after time were able after much frustratio to get one shipped to them. Then after that, they noticed that the Keyway for my Crank was cracked. Lunati does have a warranty program, but they needed it pronto and so they bought me a new one and paid for overnight shipping. Because of the delays, I thought i was not going to get my car back in time to go to the Atlanta Fbody Gathering. Matt at TTP wouldnt let that happen. As i type this, George and the guys at TTP are finishing up my car, autotapping and soon dyno tuning the new Beast. They have offered to buy an airline ticket for me and for my wife to fly to atlanta. Matt is then going to trailor the car down to atlanta, bringing autotap and LS1 edit with him to make all the adjustments i might want while down at the gathering...AND, he is paying for my room. Yes thats right, these guys said my car would be ready, and they are making sure it is. I just couldnt believe the offer and the customer service. So, for all of you guys going to Atlanta this coming weekend.. when you see a Hugger Orange Z28 with white stripes, come over and say Hi and check out the new build up. And Thanks a million to the guys at TTP and to Absolute Speed. Dyno #'s coming soon and shortly after track times. I know it will be a beast.
Old 05-25-2004, 05:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That is such great news to hear. Looking forward to seeing and hearing your new ride at G8. I bet you were getting nervous.
Old 05-25-2004, 05:47 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

damn talk about great service
Old 05-25-2004, 05:52 PM
Launching!

TTP and Absolute!!!
Old 05-25-2004, 08:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

theyre good but i wouldnt have never thought even that.ill be visiting them in the future.
Old 05-25-2004, 08:35 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

damn that IS great service
Old 05-25-2004, 08:47 PM
Launching!

People that conduct their businesses in that manner wil reap the rewards! It's gratifying to know that they're out there! The end of the summer I know where I'll be spending my 6 figure budget! You can tell who has their heart in their work!
Old 05-25-2004, 09:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

[QUOTE]What I propose is this

I will pay for you and your wife's airfare to Atlanta. I will also be happy to upgrade your currrent room up to a suite if possible. I will take the car down to Atlanta and meet you at the gathering. The trip to atlanta is about 14 hours from here so once the car is ready we'll be coming down. I will be staying overnight down there to insure you are 100% satisified with the drivability, etc. I'll have autotap and ls1edit if any changes are necessary.

Let me know how this works. I think this will work out better, I know you will miss the initial cruise-in, but this way I can stay with you for the weekend check everything out with the car and we'll kick back and hopefully the wives will enjoy the weekend (That's what counts the most!!).

- Matt

This is the actual PM i received from Matt today. Ive spent about 8,500 on the shortblock, bolt ons, labor and tuning. I spent another 2,300 or so on the Heads/Intake/Throttle Body. I cant wait to see it all put together this weekend. Now i just need a paint job, rims, tires, interior upgrades....the list goes on. See you guys in Atlanta!
Old 05-25-2004, 09:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

WOW good to hear. I cant wait to hear your results. Good luck with the car Im sure it will meet all of your expectations.
Old 05-25-2004, 09:37 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

all i have to say is DAAAAAAAMMN............i know you spent a nice chunk of change, but they act like you spent about 5x what you did!

that is great to hear a shop doing business that way, and i hope the results of your motor are just as great.
Old 06-01-2004, 05:31 AM
Banned

Just got a PM from Scott.. Looks like the car arrived home safely!
Old 06-01-2004, 08:16 AM
10 Second Club

And is pretty damn quick! We will be adding a cutout to it and see what it picks up. Congrats to scoobs on the bad *** ride!
Old 06-01-2004, 08:36 AM
Banned

Ya, he's already PMing me and wanting to add more power. Looks like we'll have to take him and his wife on the tour of NYC when he comes up again. I still tell him he's got a screw loose for driving 21 hours to us
Old 06-01-2004, 08:43 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by John02SS
And is pretty damn quick! We will be adding a cutout to it and see what it picks up. Congrats to scoobs on the bad *** ride!
What did it end up dynoing? It sounds like a major *** kicking combo!!
Old 06-01-2004, 09:00 AM
TECH Veteran

Always great to hear the good stuff about our sponsors
Old 06-01-2004, 09:05 AM
Banned

It dyno'd 419rwhp/387rwtq with 35 miles on the block, then dyno'd 437rwhp/405rwtq with 162 miles on the block. Everything is brand new down to the block, the rings are still real tight and didn't have a lot of break-in miles on her because we wanted to get the car to Scott down at the FBody Gathering. He's got over 500 miles on her now and we'll be bringing him back up here in a month or so time I believe and he should have 2k+ on her, then we'll dyno again.

The things that are holding him back at this point that I can see is this:

1 - LS6 Intake. Scott wants to put himself into a LSX, which is a great idea with this combo.

2 - Hooker Aero Chamber catback ... We'll be throwing an electric cutout on the car, because this muffler (Besides being beaten on) does not produce the power and is a big restriction.

3 - He's running stock injectors, which we actually did not run out of injector but we're recommending some 30lb'rs at least for the next time up. Also, the clutch is slipping a little bit when major power is applied but it didn't seem to slip bad on the dyno so we won't lay blame on this.

4 - Aggressive tune. We have his max timing at 28 degrees because of the brand new motor and the pump gas that sat in his tank for a few months. Some race fuel and a few more degrees of timing this motor would really open up.

Overall, we're content with the numbers. There is still a lot of power to be found once the rings have a chance to seat and 'loosen' up. Getting rid of the catback will also be a big plus. So we'll have some new dyno #'s hopefully sometime before August. The main thing is that Scott is 100% happy with the car and the drivability is awesome.
Old 06-01-2004, 09:12 AM
Banned

Camarocain: We try our best to serve our customers. We flew Scott and his wife up to Atlanta at our expense and I sent one Scott's car down to the Marriot in Atlanta, on our flatbed. We wanted Scott to enjoy the weekend festivities with his car and we are happy that he enjoyed it.

When he comes back up here we'll take him around NYC and show him the sights. He's a great guy to hang out with and enjoys his hobby as we also do.
Old 06-01-2004, 09:18 AM

How is the Hooker catback a big restriction? Its the best flowing on the market and has only lost a couple HP next to a cutout. Just curious

BTW~ did you forget about my PM?
Old 06-01-2004, 09:30 AM
Banned

We have not had good success with the Hooker system. Out of all the catbacks we have seen the most power from Corsa and Borla.

On top of that, the Hooker system he has is bashed in a few spots (Interupting flow) and also it was welded onto his old headers which we had to cut off his i-pipe. The i-pipe has a few spots where the welder blew through and there is a few chunks of weld on the inner side of the pipe that is definitely disrupting flow. All these little things add up to a loss in power.

Put it this way, we have the first revision of this cam in a stock ls6 headed car pushing 438rwhp through a borla catback, 1 3/4 kooks, moser 12-bolt with 4.11's. Figure this car does have a 78mm lsx intake which makes a big difference, but still there is a lot of power left on the table that just needs to be opened up.

This is also the reason why I didn't want to post numbers until we were 100% complete with everything to be done with the car. The numbers above are preliminary and you'll see some big numbers once the motor has the proper miles on it and everything is taken care of.
Old 06-01-2004, 10:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

I was actually at the dyno in Atlanta for its second roll (the 43x number). Stout car for sure and IMPRESSIVE customer service for sure. I've done some buisness with TTP, and they have helped me out of a major jam at least once. I see some really nice numbers for this car once it gets some miles on it.
congrats
(btw -- my car was the black Firehawk at the dyno).