Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hello & Thank You To All!

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2004, 11:01 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thumbs up Hello & Thank You To All!

hello everyone, just wanted to introduce myself first off, and to thank you all for this outstanding community for ls1 owners. i have been lurking for the past several months looking for information for my set-up, and i gotta to say, this is by far the BEST group of helpful people ANYWHERE!

i am the original owner of of 2 firebirds, first is a 1998 v6 firebird i bought for my wife, which we loved so much, i went out and bought the next year a 1999 trans am for myself, and i can honestly say, i have many cars (mustangs, camaros, muscle cars etc), that the 2 birds we own are by far the most exciting and excellent rides we have ever owned. we have no plans to get rid of either one, for even to this day, enjoy driving them as much as the day we drove them off the dealer lot.

well, to make a long story short, both cars (more the 98) started to need some minor repairs, so after searching around the net for help, i came across ls1tech, and i gotta say, what a lifesaver! i've done some minor repairs on both birds to get them back to "factory" freshness, and by using some of the tips, hints and resources i've found here, it has truly been most excellent.

on the 98, i have fixed the headlight motors, horns, antenna and upgraded the foglights, and a few other mechanical repairs, and on the 99, i had what i thought was a costly repair for a new transmission, for i had flushed the tranny fluid a few months back, and about a month ago under hard acceleration, i was hitting the rev limiter, which i was totally bummed out about, since i had *just* paid it off... turned out i was low on trans fluid and from some helpful information i read here about this very subject, and sure enough, checked my level, saw it was low, and boom, fixed, curing my worst fears, and saving me big time!

well, thats all for now, i will continue to check in and i want to share my experiences and knowledge with you all on some of my insights on areas of my 2 birds, and wish you all a great big THANKS!!!

-robert.

1998 Pontiac Firebird v6 - 100% Stock :-)
1999 Pontiac Firebird v8 - 100% Stock... for now :-)
Old 05-26-2004, 10:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

You definetly came to the right site, lots of knowledgable car guys (and girls) here.

Glad you were able to find the info that you needed.
Old 05-26-2004, 10:54 PM
TECH Addict

Welcome to the site. Sounds like you love your Birds as much as I do. I just sold my 99' and was lucky to have both the TA and Firebird together for 2 years.

There is another site thatis pretty cool for info on GM, like if they are gonna make a Camaro for 2007, and I think you might like that as well.

http://www.gminsidenews.com/

Anyhow, welcome to the site
Old 05-26-2004, 11:09 PM
12 Second Club

hey, thanks for the kind words all, and that awesome web site (bookmarked)!

i just finished polishing up the 2 birds, and will post some pics when i take em out of the garage tomorrow and get some nice shots!
Old 05-26-2004, 11:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by rjla67
hello everyone, just wanted to introduce myself first off, and to thank you all for this outstanding community for ls1 owners. i have been lurking for the past several months looking for information for my set-up, and i gotta to say, this is by far the BEST group of helpful people ANYWHERE!

i am the original owner of of 2 firebirds, first is a 1998 v6 firebird i bought for my wife, which we loved so much, i went out and bought the next year a 1999 trans am for myself, and i can honestly say, i have many cars (mustangs, camaros, muscle cars etc), that the 2 birds we own are by far the most exciting and excellent rides we have ever owned. we have no plans to get rid of either one, for even to this day, enjoy driving them as much as the day we drove them off the dealer lot.

well, to make a long story short, both cars (more the 98) started to need some minor repairs, so after searching around the net for help, i came across ls1tech, and i gotta say, what a lifesaver! i've done some minor repairs on both birds to get them back to "factory" freshness, and by using some of the tips, hints and resources i've found here, it has truly been most excellent.

on the 98, i have fixed the headlight motors, horns, antenna and upgraded the foglights, and a few other mechanical repairs, and on the 99, i had what i thought was a costly repair for a new transmission, for i had flushed the tranny fluid a few months back, and about a month ago under hard acceleration, i was hitting the rev limiter, which i was totally bummed out about, since i had *just* paid it off... turned out i was low on trans fluid and from some helpful information i read here about this very subject, and sure enough, checked my level, saw it was low, and boom, fixed, curing my worst fears, and saving me big time!

well, thats all for now, i will continue to check in and i want to share my experiences and knowledge with you all on some of my insights on areas of my 2 birds, and wish you all a great big THANKS!!!

-robert.

1998 Pontiac Firebird v6 - 100% Stock :-)
1999 Pontiac Firebird v8 - 100% Stock... for now :-)
I check oil and trans frequently...maybe too often...but think it is a good practice. I'm using Mobil 1 5W 30 in my 4.8 GMC Sierra. Have used it in my 93 Civic (201k miles) and it still seems to run like new. Ran it in my 86 Chevy van (305 c.i. engine) for about 125k when I sold it with same result...engine ran strong. Mobil 1 ATF is available for trans...I'll switch to it someday. I don't work for Mobil but believe in it as a superior oil.
Old 05-27-2004, 08:18 AM
TECH Addict

Glad you found us here and were able to use LS1TECH to your benefit. Welcome aboard.
Old 05-27-2004, 10:41 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 47 Likes on 19 Posts

Welcome to the site and thanks for registering. Perhaps you can start interacting more often and meeting other enthusiasts out there, we are a huge online community!

Tony
Old 05-27-2004, 12:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Welcome! We ALL take pride in your comments!
Old 05-27-2004, 06:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Welcome to the site!

a few of the things you listed about fixing on your 98 reminded me of a few things to look up and save for reference on mine.
Old 05-27-2004, 06:36 PM
TECH Addict

WELCOME
This is by far, they best LS1 site on the net!