Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SES AFTER CAM INSTALL SOME Q's

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2004, 01:03 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SES AFTER CAM INSTALL SOME Q's

I installed a comp cam, with the comp dual valve springs and a set of stock LS6 heads (have the longer valve stems) and Comps 7.4 hardened push rods.
The car has two problems at idle it shows missfires in ALL 8 cylinders and will set the ses light, it does clear up above 1300 rpm's the second thing is while driving like 5th or 6th gear i get a surge/miss every so often and it does show on the missfire graph but doesnt seem to be any one cylinder. I did do a search but none that i found mentioned all cylinders at idle only one or two? Any help is greatly appriciated.
Old 06-03-2004, 07:01 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by DangeRuSS
I installed a comp cam, with the comp dual valve springs and a set of stock LS6 heads (have the longer valve stems) and Comps 7.4 hardened push rods.
The car has two problems at idle it shows missfires in ALL 8 cylinders and will set the ses light, it does clear up above 1300 rpm's the second thing is while driving like 5th or 6th gear i get a surge/miss every so often and it does show on the missfire graph but doesnt seem to be any one cylinder. I did do a search but none that i found mentioned all cylinders at idle only one or two? Any help is greatly appriciated.
I have a hotcam, and I get all cylinders at idle (peculiarly less on #5 though...). If you are in 5th or 6th I am assuming you are cruising at between 1.5k and 2k rpms? You more than likely need to adjust the set screw on your throttlebody within an acceptable range, like I described in a post near the top of the board (for now). That might be what you need to fix it. Are you using a MAFT?
Old 06-04-2004, 10:36 AM
Staging Lane

No not using a MAFT, I have Edit. I did adj the set screw on the throttle body some but maybe i need to a little more. Thanks for the reply.